Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 14-10-2006, 10:51   #1
bigjim

Angry How easy is that

I'm not usually one to complain on these boards, mainly because most of my gripes are already aired by others and there isn't really much I can add to them. Since I know IÉ read these pages, hopefully this will get sorted out soon.

Background:
  • "How easy is that" is a stupid marketing slogan that's been appearing on irishrail.ie posters around the place.
[rant mode on]

Today, I want to go from Seapoint to Pearse on that Dart, and I want to check when the next one is using th Real Tim info yoke on dart.ie. Here we go:

Name:  howeasyisthat1.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  130.1 KB

So I go to press the station button to press Seapoint....oh wait it's not working. Not to worry, since IÉ in their infinate wisdom have about 8 million sites, I'll just drop over to irishrail.ie...

Name:  howeasyisthat2.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  119.9 KB

Great, I can chose my station here, now to press enter....

Name:  howeasyisthat4.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  78.1 KB

What's this?! A THIRD real time info page?! This is getting a bit tiring, but I really have to get into town soon, so one last go. Put in Seapoint, press enter....

Name:  howeasyisthat3.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  81.6 KB

This looks familiar....hmmmm.....

So why...
  • is there 3 different pages doing the same thing?
  • are none of them working?
  • does IÉ tell me that this is easy?

Now obviously this is all rhetorical, but my little brother (16) could run management courses for this group of <edit>people</edit> and they'd improve a tremendous amount. This thing has been broken for a while now, and yet it's still up. WHY WHY WHY??? I hope you are thanking your lucky stars that you're employed in the public service because anywhere else, and you'd be selling the Big Issue for a living.

The above isn't particularly easy, in fact, it's pretty <edit>removed</edit> annoying so don't patronise with your fancy spin when you couldn't run a <edit>drinking session</edit> in brewery.

[/rant over,excuse my french, and apologises to any vendors of the big issue who have been offended by the fact that I think IE management should join their ranks]

Language edited. - Admin

Last edited by PaulM : 14-10-2006 at 16:22.
bigjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14-10-2006, 16:26   #2
PaulM
Really Regular Poster

This thread has been edited by me. I do not want to see language like that on our board again.
PaulM is offline   Reply With Quote