Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Cork
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 06-11-2009, 19:23   #1
KieranBrennan
New to the board

Default New Timetable Impact on Limerick Junction Commuters

The recently published timetable for Limerick Junction - Heuston for November 29 onwards has a major impact on the sizable group of daily commuters to Dublin.
Currently we get the 6.30 from Cork, which is scheduled to leave the junction at 7.26 but is more often than not 10 minutes late. There are no stops till Dublin and it then usually arrives in Heuston any time between 9:07 and 9:35.

However the Cork train will now not stop in the Junction and instead, the Limerick train will be changed to a direct which will have to reverse into the junction to collect us after the Cork train has gone, supposedly at 7.30 This train will now stop in Thurles, Templemore and Ballybrophy. Yet Irish Rail are declaring that it will arrive in Heuston at 9.15.

Firstly I do not think it will ever leave Limerick Junction at 7.30 given the Cork train will be ahead of us, and it usually does not get through the Junction till after 7.30 itself, and how long will it take the Limerick train to collect us and get on the track.
Secondly, given there are now three extra stops, I think Irish Rail know that this train will not get to Heuston by 9:15, and instead are hoping it will make it within their expected 10 (or is it 15) minute delay.

Can anyone show me where I am wrong. In this case, I would be extremely happy if this was the case.

Thanks
KieranBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote