Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:44   #1
lambo77
Regular Poster

Unhappy Heating on Longford - Connolly 7am service

Has anybody contacted irish rail as to why in the middle of a cold november that we still do not have heating on the morning commuter service from Longord to Pearse.
I travel every day from Mullingar and the carriages are freezing every morning.
The heat is never switched on during the journey either.
lambo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2007, 13:35   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Did you ask the driver to turn the heating on? it sounds crazy but given the cab heating is separate from the coach heating it worth a try

If the heating is on, ask the driver to turn it off for 10 seconds and then on again that surprisingly works

The heating itself is exceptionally reliable, its the turning on where trouble starts

Do everyone a favour when boarding, if you are last aboard in Mullingar push the red door button to close the doors
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14-11-2007, 19:39   #3
John J
Regular Poster

Posted this somewhere else, but I was on that train one morning and the driver apologised over the intercom for the cold, saying it wasn't possible to switch the heating on.

€300 million euro of taxpayers money later, and we're just as cold as we were on the Cravens.
I love this country
Unread 22-04-2008, 13:34   #4
thedailygrudge
New to the board

Angry No heat in winter!

Smart I know isn't it? I complain most days about the lack of heating in winter. The customer complaints line informed me that we should ask the driver to turn it up a bit. When I asked the ticket inspector to ask the driver, he said, there was no dial, that it is just one switch and it's broken. SO it's been broken for a year now and no one cares to fix it!

I resorted to bringing a hot water bottle, beanie, gloves and scarf on the train every moring to ensure I didn't get hyperthermia. One day my lip gloss froze on the train and the inspector laughed saying it was under 0 degrees celcius on the train. Not funny in my books but I probably had hyperthermia at that stage and was suffeing from delerium.

Why can't this be fixed for commuters on the train 1.5 hours in the morning throughout winter?

Why don't customer services ever do anything about this?

Paul Slowey even dismisses this complaint now, and does not reply to complaints regarding heating or lack thereof.

Does everybody complain about it like us becuase the more voices we have the better?

You can be sure in summer, it will start working again
thedailygrudge is offline   Reply With Quote