Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > DART
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 24-11-2006, 10:29   #1
MOH
Really Regular Poster

Default [24-11-06] Southbound DART running late

9:28 Southbound from Killester (9:11 from Howth) was over 10 minutes late arriving in Blackrock, no explanation given. Presume other trains immediately following will also be delayed to some extent.
MOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24-11-2006, 12:48   #2
ThomasJ

Arrow

Had the same problem with the 09.01 ex castleknock. Normally this train gets to connolly at just before 09.20 and i catch the 09.25 dart south but my train was late arriving at castleknock . Normally when its late it picks up speed but this journey dragged in. It sat at junction before connolly and my connecting train went passed. Got in a few minutes later and waited 14 minutes on the next dart

Last edited by ThomasJ : 24-11-2006 at 12:51.
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24-11-2006, 14:14   #3
Rashers
Really Regular Poster

Default Delays

All soutbound DARTS and Drogheda services @ 08.30am were delayed 10-15 mins. No announcements on my Drogheda-Bray service, or on the platforms, or on the displays. Just silence.
Rang Connolly infor desk while waiting outside Connolly - they did not even know there were delays. Even then their estimates of delays were incorrect.
Rashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30-11-2006, 10:16   #4
MOH
Really Regular Poster

Reply from IE:

"The 0928hrs service was delayed on Friday 24th November due to a knock on effect from the first train out of Howth
(0605hrs) that morning. Despite sandite (grit laid on the track to improve traction at this time of year) being used to improve trains traction on the rails this train reported poor rail conditions that morning resulting in its late arrival in Bray (22 minutes late)It then left Bray as the 0750hrs ex Bray (running late and also experiencing poor rail conditions although it did make up some time in running) which then forms your service (0911hrs ex Howth)I will again contact the drivers supervisor and also CTC regarding the lack of announcements. "

Poor rail conditions? Don't remember it being particularly cold/wet that morning? Plus that means they knew from 6:50am that trains were going to be late and *still* made no effort to inform anyone.

Last edited by MOH : 30-11-2006 at 10:22.
MOH is offline   Reply With Quote