Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 15-10-2018, 16:29   #1
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

The plans for 300 hybrids and in particular the 40 odd ICR cars have been floating about for a long time. They sound to me more like notions than actual plans. Given how long the saga of the 26x 2700 units has been going on, I wouldn't be holding my breath for things to get any better soon.

Anyway, given Irish Rail's habit of parking up relatively fresh rolling stock that they've taken a dislike to because they've got shinier things to play with now, who's to say that spending the guts of a billion euro on new rolling stock would help matters much?
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15-10-2018, 16:40   #2
comcor
Really Regular Poster

Location: Cork-Dublin, Cork Commuter and occasionally DART and Dublin-Wexford

If and when those units show up, are there plans to cascade some of the other units out of Dublin? Cobh has also been struggling with capacity this year, particularly because demand can be so uneven because of cruise liners. On the 100 or so days there is a cruise liner in, I've hear complaints of morning commuters on stations after Cobh being unable to board.
comcor is offline   Reply With Quote