Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Cork
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 23-10-2011, 02:23   #1
Destructix
Really Regular Poster

Default RailGourmet staff delaying passengers getting off train

I was going down to my gf's Thursday from Thurles. Had a sports bag full of clothes to change into for two days bottles of lynx typical stuff you put in a bag for two nights etc. Anyway i stored my bag on the luggage rack in the end of coach A (the coach behind the locomotive)

When the train arrived at Limerick Junction i couldn't get through to retrieve my bag because of that stupid trolley service. After waiting patiently in my seat for them to pass by passengers started boarding the train.i had no choice but to go out the door at the top of the coach and come in the door at the rear to retrieve my bag. I think they should stop the trolley service operating while the train is in the station. They should make the people pushing these trolleys wait in the gangways so they won't block passage ways.

The same thing happened to me in Templemore, had reserved seat back to Thurles. (Before anyone asks why i reserved a seat from Templemore to Thurles in the first place given its only 5 minutes, it was during the half price Saturday promotion they had in July cost €8 return including credit card fees versus €13.20 online every other day or €10.30 in the station) by the time i got in my seat we had passed Brittas. Complained, received the same standard pre-typed for everyone letter from Iarnród Éireann as on previous complaints loged with them with my name and address spelt wrong. If i mention what happened Thursday i might get another for my collection of Iarnród Éireann letters.

Also why was there Bus transfers from Thurles-Cork today. Limerick-Cork passengers had to get the train to Thurles to meet the bus. I thought it was the 29th track work/bridge replacement was going on

Last edited by Destructix : 23-10-2011 at 11:07.
Destructix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-10-2011, 10:29   #2
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
They should make the people pushing these trolleys wait in the gangways so they won't block passage ways.

When the train arrived at Limerick Junction i couldn't get through to retrieve my bag because of that stupid trolley service. After waiting patiently in my seat for them to pass by passengers started boarding the train
They do make an effort to wait if the train is coming into a station but I have never seen them refuse to more to let passengers off the train. Mabye you should open you mouth next time and you didn't include this in you complaint to Iarnród Éireann which means they you have nothing to complain about as you stayed in you seat or do you expect them to know you are getting off the train when you are sitting down.

The PA system tell you the when you are coming into the station 3 mins before the train stops. (well on the 2200).
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-10-2011, 11:02   #3
Destructix
Really Regular Poster

I didnt stay in my seat i was standing up in at the seats giving room for him to push the trolley up for a second. I told him i had a bag in the luggage rack behind him but instead of just pushing the trolley up for three seconds he didn't budge. He also inconvenienced two other passengers who had luggage there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
Why you calling trolley attendant trolley dolly? What is your occupation?
You are just moaning disrespectful piece of "fruit cake".
I didn't know what occupational title they use. I know they call them "Trolley Dolly's" in England.

Last edited by Destructix : 23-10-2011 at 11:06. Reason: typo
Unread 23-10-2011, 11:09   #4
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Thread title edited. "Trolley Dolly" is a somewhat pejorative term for someone in the role that has a preoccupation with the superficial and it is a dated term - it doesn't accurately apply to all such staff.

Yes, trolley staff should avoid obstructing the passageway at such times. Feel free to speak up.

Last edited by Colm Moore : 23-10-2011 at 11:13.
Colm Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-10-2011, 11:48   #5
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

You first post came across like you didn't do much to solve the problem. You have good reason to complain as you asked him to move and they did not.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-10-2011, 12:00   #6
Sasha
Regular Poster

Ì am sure, anyone operating trolley service will stay between the carriages when approaching station, as passengers have to get out and get in. However sometimes it is hard to explane to passengers that trolley has to wait when train at station. Countless numbers of times I was a witness of unhappy and rude train users when trolley was turning back to let passengers disembark. Plus RailGourmet management ordering to staff to provide trolley service non-stop.
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24-10-2011, 18:39   #7
Destructix
Really Regular Poster

They don't though, they just continue pushing the trolley and serving people at the station. That trolley should be sent out as soon as the train departs Thurles. so it will end before arrival at Limerick Junction then it can restart back down after more passengers get on there. Never had this problem when Network Catering served people. The staff were considerate and kind and Iarnród Éireann didn't charge as much either for goods.
Unread 24-10-2011, 19:34   #8
Sasha
Regular Poster

Well, now is tender going on, for new on board catering contract. There might be new catering provider, better then R.G.
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote