Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Cork
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 10-10-2007, 22:51   #1
crc
New to the board

Default 06:30 Monday from Cork

I've started taking the 6:30am train from Cork on Monday mornings. If the train were to arrive in Heuston on time (09:15), I'd have no trouble getting to work on time. However two weeks ago (1st October) it arrived 10mins late, and I just about scraped in to work on time, and this week (8th October) it arrived nearly 15mins late, and coupled with the bus being a bit slower it meant I was definitely late for work.

Can anyone tell me if this is a regular occurrence (it probably is!), or if I can reasonably expect the train to arrive nearer to 09:15 most of the time?
Unread 10-10-2007, 22:54   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

You will be lucky to get in on time. The 6:30 follows a long line of trains thus any delay ahead of it will effect it
Unread 10-10-2007, 23:01   #3
crc
New to the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
The 6:30 follows a long line of trains thus any delay ahead of it will effect it
Thanks. It was going quite slowly from about Kildare all the way in. Anyone use this train on a regular basis?
Unread 11-10-2007, 08:51   #4
hhf8
Regular Poster

I use the 5.15 most mondays,have been tempted to get the the 6.30 one and just work the extra hour in the evening,5.15 is grand,usually gets in on time aswell,altho its very slowly due to all the stops. Also the 90 Bus and the Luas lately seem to be nowehre to be seen when i get off!
Unread 11-10-2007, 10:03   #5
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhf8 View Post
Also the 90 Bus and the Luas lately seem to be nowehre to be seen when i get off!
This is a point (along with the 92) that was made to IE managment last night. They said that they will liase with BAC in order to co-ordinate things a bit better. You might not know this but the stance inspector (lad in a cap at the bus stop) has a walkie talkie connection to the customer service desk in the station and he should hold up 92's and the like if the train is a little late. We have stories of peoples trains coming in early and the 92 not being held for them and the next 92 leaving late, which you can understand tends to make a joke of the syetem.
Unread 11-10-2007, 12:43   #6
ThomasJ

on a funny note search for heuston to connolly on the irish rail website and what results do you get? a service that not even the best of european cities could manage........
Unread 17-10-2007, 11:26   #7
hhf8
Regular Poster

got the 5.15 from cork this morning,got in at 8.30,walking out towards the concourse,I could see a 90 bus,by the time i got there,which was about 30 secs,it left!......
I was in the c Carriage,so wouldn've been one of the first to get there!had to wait till 9 until the next 90 to turn up!
Unread 17-10-2007, 16:21   #8
Rusalka
New to the board

Default Me too....... :-(

Oh gosh, I feel your pain.

Too many days, when I get off my (usually late) train, and I see a 92 or 46Whatever waiting, I start to jog out to it, and then the fecker drives off. Probably chuckling to himself, too - I think they do it for the craic.

It's sooo annoying - my better half interrogated the controller one morning after the bus did a legger on us, and we'd been waiting ages, when there were at least 2 buses timetabled in that time (one of which was a 92), and he just shrugged and said "Oh, I know - I don't know where he got to!" Like, is that not his only job - to know where the fuppin' buses are?!?!?!

Last edited by Rusalka : 17-10-2007 at 16:22. Reason: typo!
Unread 08-11-2007, 21:23   #9
laoisfan
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas J Stamp View Post
...You might not know this but the stance inspector (lad in a cap at the bus stop) has a walkie talkie connection to the customer service desk in the station and he should hold up 92's and the like if the train is a little late...
yeah right.

so Dublin Bus should look bad just because Irish Rail do? The no. 90/92 buses serve not only people arriving into Heuston but people who live around the immediate area. i'm sure they would love to know the bus is being delayed for the cork train i'm sure there are probably other trains arriving either side of the cork train. anyway the luas usually comes within 5-10 mins, even after 09:00am.

the main problem is that from portarlington and kildare onwards you are sharing the line with trains which have come from the west and the south-east of the country, not just the south. you only have 1 line into heuston from kildare onwards and 1 line out of heuston. hopefully one the extra lines (2 off) being added from heuston to kildare will alleviate this particular problem....of course adding these lines is currently work-in-progress....not sure the deadline.
Unread 08-11-2007, 21:44   #10
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

90/91/92 are dedicated services for rail passengers and are charged a premium fare and have limited pick up stops

It is not unreasonable to delay a bus to enable passengers arriving to get on
Unread 08-11-2007, 22:56   #11
Colm Donoghue
Really Regular Poster

At the minute not many people live near the front of Heuston. because there is a large area taken up by a train station, some more taken up by a foreign multinational, more taken by a river and then you have a museum and everybody's favorite pen pushers, the hse.

The last company who ran a service that terminated at a train station and didn't wait for passengers from trains is gone to the wall, but the buslanes remain....
Unread 09-11-2007, 09:38   #12
laoisfan
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
90/91/92 are dedicated services for rail passengers and are charged a premium fare and have limited pick up stops
but there are some additional pickup stops

Quote:
It is not unreasonable to delay a bus to enable passengers arriving to get on
well some people would disagree with you on but sure we'll agree to disagree

btw lads i am a commuter as well (commute up from Laois to Eastpoint Business Park) so i do know how bad it can be.

i guess until the extra train lines btween heuston and kildare are put in then we have to put up with it
Closed Thread