Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Cork
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 24-10-2006, 09:19   #1
sandraoh
Regular Poster

Default 19 zero hours train dublin -cork

I was minding my own business queuing for the yet to board 7 o clock train last night at 18:45 or so and all of a sudden some yellow t-shirted people go to the top of the queue and whisk everyone from platform 5 to platform 4. This caused a crazy stampede to platform 4 and a mad rush to board the train without any tickets being checked. We proceded to sit in the station until 10 past 7 and just before the train finally pulled out the train manager (Joe) made an announcement that went along these lines "Can I have you attention please, I've just spoken to the driver and he tells me we will be moving shortly, sorry for the delay I'll let you know more when i know".

Once we had pulled out we stopped short of inchicore until 19:20. The train didn't really make up any time and arrived in Portlaoise 19 minutes late without any further announcement or apology.

Also why the hell does the automatic voice man call it the 19 zero hours train and the 21 zero hours train etc? It drives me mad. Thats not a time!
Unread 24-10-2006, 09:29   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

The 1900 last night was set 4005, probably its first run in public service which could explain the software being different, it seems to be a free for all on the announcements. The Irish version never gives the time, I don't really see the need to know the trains departure time its safe to assume that if I'm onboard I worked it out and the we will be departing in approx 2 minutes pa covers that anyway

I get the feeling you stopped in Inchicore to pick up someone off the 15:30 ex Cork either that or you caught up the 18:45 to Newbridge
Unread 24-10-2006, 09:37   #3
sandraoh
Regular Poster

The automatic voice man always says zero instad of hundred. Also forgot to mention that the train hadn't been cleaned since the last use. The on board cleaning person (who I have never seen wearing the on board cleaning t-shirt) was running around trying to pick up all the rubbish from around peoples feet. Surely leaving at 19:10 wouldn't allow us to catch up with the 1845? Probably the 1905 left before us...
Unread 24-10-2006, 11:17   #4
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Well if the 18:35 was late, the 18:45 would be held up, likely you got stuck behind the 19:05

Maybe the time has come to FoI the signalling tapes to actually see what is going on out there problem is IE don't come under FoI

Last edited by Mark Gleeson : 24-10-2006 at 11:21.
Closed Thread