Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > DART
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 27-04-2008, 12:47   #1
essoII
Regular Poster

Default Greystones 22.44 Service last night

Waited for this train which was scheduled on dart text at killiney. Train (called Greystones on signs) came in on time, sign suddenly changed to "bray", also the led at the front of the train said bray. Train terminated at bray, no reason given...asked the ticket guy at bray what the deal was, he just said something like sorry bud, next greystones is at 24.30...no reason given for the cancellation of the service
essoII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27-04-2008, 13:18   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

No train was cancelled, the 22:44:30 departure from Killiney southbound terminates in Bray.

The printed public and staff timetables as well as the pocket ones all give Bray as destination. The online system reports no change for Sat 26th.

The train is assigned E259, which is electric train 59 to Bray, this drives the signaling, radio, destination displays on train and the onboard auto announcements

As we have pointed out numerous times DART text is not to be trusted in any shape or form
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27-04-2008, 13:22   #3
Mark Hennessy
Membership Officer

I think we have complained about DART text to the advertising standards but all Irish Rail are obliged to do is state that it may not be accurate.

I am simply amazed that real and accurate information cannot be supplied, it doesnt sound like the hardest problem in the world.
Mark Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28-04-2008, 19:00   #4
essoII
Regular Poster

the actual real time information screen on the platform said greystones train in 4 mins when i got there..so it did match up with what dart text told me. It was only when the train was about 2 minutes away did the "1 Greystones 2mins" change to "1 Bray 2 minutes" though?
essoII is offline   Reply With Quote