Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Drogheda-Balbriggan-Skerries-Donabate Line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 30-04-2008, 06:56   #1
James Shields

Default [30-04-2008] Delay on Northern Line

On 7.28 from Drogheda, stuck outside Laytown because of the failure of an earlier train.

Just arrived in Laytown and it looks like all the people from the 7.18 got on. It gould be a bit tight if we've to pack 12 cars worth of people into 4 cars.
James Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30-04-2008, 07:00   #2
Terrontress
Regular Poster

Got to Donabate station at 7.45. The 7.51 seemed set to arrive 25 minutes later, the 8.15 32 minutes later and the 8.00 was number 1 on the destination board with the word "Delay" on it. No announcements, no explanation on the destination board.
Terrontress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30-04-2008, 07:47   #3
James Shields

I don't think anyone was able to get on after Rush & Lusk. Joined (I think) the 7.40 at Connolly, also well jammed.
James Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30-04-2008, 14:10   #4
Terrontress
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Shields View Post
I don't think anyone was able to get on after Rush & Lusk. Joined (I think) the 7.40 at Connolly, also well jammed.
I got on at about 8.25 in Donabate. There was a 4 car set a few minutes previously, terminating in Connolly and I don't think it could physically have taken one extra passenger than what got on.

What I got on was a nasty, crowded 29k with no noticeable aircon, too many people and it crawled at what felt like 5mph for the whole journey. Getting a bit of fresh air in Connolly felt like heaven.

I am sure Iarnrod Eireann apologies for any inconvenience though. I didn't hear any announcement from that barely comprehensible woman but I'm sure they do. That makes all the difference. Moreso than maintaining the trains properly in the first place so they don't breaking down. Or turning on a/c.

Last edited by Mark Hennessy : 01-05-2008 at 07:32.
Terrontress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30-04-2008, 22:06   #5
chuggachuggachoochoo
Regular Poster

Yeah the the 7:41 ex drogheda crawled into connolly. Painfully slow.

Driver did apologise for the delay before we departed drogheda and numerous times along the way and before we got into connolly.

Driver said the funniest thing as we were about to leave drogheda "'Train should be going in the next Te- THIRTY SECONDS!" - a whistle blew - and we were off on our way.

I laughed out loud at this.
chuggachuggachoochoo is offline   Reply With Quote