Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Drogheda-Balbriggan-Skerries-Donabate Line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 23-07-2009, 11:04   #61
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamling View Post
anthing that is operated with more than 4 cars and won't break down on the way will do...

can you specify that? does it mean the morning service will still run all the way to rosslare with a maximum 6 car set?
Everything is a rumour! reportedly! never say something will happen until you know it will happen [as people who expected the 22k on the 16:40 connolly gorey on the first day it was to start]

Don't know what way it will be setup is the simple answer, what I have heard is that there is expected to be a commuter service ESE to Maynooth [6-coach 28k] in the afternoon and back, presumedly this will be 18:00hrs as the 17:00hrs [expected to be 6-coach 28k from what i've heard] will be to early and the 19:00hrs will probably be 22k operated. I haven't a clue what way it will affect morning services

Lets just say I know a friend who knows a friend who knows a freinds cousin nothings set in stone though and quiet often we tend to know more than they do they often joke! Only the powers to be will know for definate. the timetable will hopefully give us a definate.

Last edited by ThomasJ : 23-07-2009 at 11:34.
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-07-2009, 11:10   #62
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSW View Post
You may be right but from what i was told by one of the IE staff the only 28k train will be the 18.00hrs the 17.00hrs & 19.00hrs will be the new 22k trains as with the other new times.
Really? even thinking myself, would have thought that the 17:00hrs would have been two busy to be a three coach 22k?
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16-11-2009, 08:41   #63
roamling

to anybody out there who was boarding the 6.58am from Rush/Lusk this morning or boarding that train at any other station - Let me know if the train was short again

I intended to use it but then could not be bothered to make my way to the train station with all the rain and the parking fee and the prospect of getting a 4-car set.

This topic "haunts" me for the last 2-3 years. All the e-mails i sent and phone calls I made... I will keep an eye on it myself as soon as the weather improves and I can actually walk to the train station in the mornings, just to save the parking fee that is . I hope after the restart of the service we dont need to keep this thread open any longer. I hope...

Last edited by roamling : 16-11-2009 at 08:43.
roamling is offline   Reply With Quote