Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Belfast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 15-12-2007, 15:27   #1
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Default [15-12-2007] Enterprise services Dublin Belfast

Quote:
Enterprise - 1230 Belfast Central to Dublin Connolly 15-Dec-2007 12:57
Due to operational difficulties, the 1230 non-Enterprise service from Belfast Central to Dublin Connolly has been delayed by approximately 23 minutes.

Enterprise - Service Information, Saturday 15th December 15-Dec-2007 12:28
Due to circumstances beyond our control, the following services will not be operated by Enterprise trains today, Saturday 15th December.
1230 Belfast Central to Dublin Connolly
1520 Dublin Connolly to Belfast Central
As a result, there will be no First Plus and only limited catering facilities available on these services.
Translink would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
It appears there was a vandal attack which has put a set out of service

Nothing on the IE website
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16-12-2007, 14:40   #2
Aphfaneire
Regular Poster

Thursday the 13th the 845 train left at 859 and was a NI Rail train that looked like it was from the 60's. We were heavily delayed as the loco had to actually decupple and move down the track towards tara just to turn around! First time ive EVER seen an enterprise on platform 5

I hope it doesnt happen again, but it looks like its still happening, Saturday late morning an identicle NI Loco was sitting in the Connolly Yard as an enterprise Loco chugged up to old gry carraiges waiting at platform 2.

Also anyone else notice the new shinny green and silver carraiges? Nice paint job, but it looks like the interior is still the same. Probably over a million spent on improving a fleet of 4 enterprise trains, and they only put paint on them and rip out some seats for "wheelchair" space.

Im actually not sure if there is 4 enterprise's, when i read an article about the upgrade i figured the number of rollingstock they mentioned accounted for about 4 trains, but i think ive only ever seen 3 operating at the same time, two grey loco's and Pwetty green one.
Unread 17-12-2007, 20:47   #3
Thomas Ralph
IT Officer

There were 4 sets supplied but they use three sets with a couple of carriages spare.

An entire set is out of service due to a vandalism attack at Belfast Central. Therefore expect C3Ks, 29000s, or other abnormal stock on that service for the time being.
Thomas Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17-12-2007, 21:06   #4
Colm Donoghue
Really Regular Poster

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphfaneire View Post
Probably over a million spent on improving a fleet of 4 enterprise trains, and they only put paint on them and rip out some seats for "wheelchair" space.
Wait til you or someone you know needs to use a wheelchair space before criticizing this.
Colm Donoghue is offline   Reply With Quote