Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-01-2007, 09:03   #1
hhf8
Regular Poster

Default Ticket Checking at connolly

Lately. The ticket checkers don't seem to be bothered checking people tickets at connolly. While queuing for a train yesterday, I saw a group of 3-4 teenagers in tracksuits, they were hanging around. I knew full well they didn't have tickets and all they did was walk by 3 lads onto the platform and up to the dart. They didn't even attempt to show a ticket. the checkers saw them but didn't lift a finger!

This has happened so much latly from what I can see. Is there some issue with the validation where they are now refusing to check?
Unread 12-01-2007, 11:03   #2
Bluetonic
New to the board

How could you know they didn't have tickets?
Bluetonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007, 11:14   #3
hhf8
Regular Poster

I could clearly see them walk by,without showing tickets,or even attempting to show them. They may have had tickets in there pockets,but the fact is that they are meant to show them while going to the platform. Nothing was said or done. The ticket checkers don't seem bothered
Unread 12-01-2007, 12:24   #4
shweeney
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhf8 View Post
I could clearly see them walk by,without showing tickets,or even attempting to show them. They may have had tickets in there pockets,but the fact is that they are meant to show them while going to the platform. Nothing was said or done. The ticket checkers don't seem bothered
maybe they dodn't bother to show their tickets because they know from experience the IE guys aren't bothered. I rarely show my ticket at connolly and am virtually never stopped. Someone on here claimed they're not actually ticket checkers - experience would suggest this is correct.

anyway - the new turnstiles should be switched on soon.
shweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13-01-2007, 14:19   #5
Rashers
Really Regular Poster

Default I wonder...

I wonder are there some union issues we are not aware of....When all those new entry/exit validation machines are switched on, you might only need 1 staff member, so what will all the previous ticket checkers do? Same for Pearse and tara St.
I have noticed that in Connolly they presently are not checking most tickets....
Rashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15-01-2007, 15:50   #6
Ken
New to the board

I've never went through in Connolly and not got checked, and i use it every week to get home from college
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15-01-2007, 16:41   #7
hhf8
Regular Poster

classic example this morning,ticket checker having a chat,bloke walks by,ticket checker shouts at him for a ticket when hes a 5 meters past him,bloke continues on, ticket checker can't be bothered.

If your going onto platform 5 for the darts,they don't seem to check your ticket in my experience,sometimes they do,as people get the tickets out themselves. They don't seem to ask anymore.
Unread 24-01-2007, 21:25   #8
Aphfaneire
Regular Poster

Almost every morning when i arive just before 7 latly they are allways checking. This probably because of the large crowd, but they're not allways paying attention in the evening. Hell on monday no one was even there at around 2110 or so.

My main problem with the new ticket machines, especially in connolly is that they dont have a barrier for people holding tickets that have become bent or ripped and are NEVER accepted by the machines. Im one of these people, even with a wallet i cant trust myself to be careful with my ticket and i know that it just gets wrecked. The new system is a joke unless they creat proper stronger tickets, or some kind of cheap credit card like ones, hell the luas tickets are tough. And using the same type as the luas is good for intergration