Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 23-04-2010, 09:35   #20
zag
Regular Poster

Default Farce

This whole thing is a farce and I can't understand why there hasn't been more stink about it.

How can they get away with taking peoples money, giving them a ticket and then having the gall to hassle them when the ticket (which they issued) fails to work ?

I've had similar situations before when picking up a new ticket from Abbey Street (where the old office was), walking straight to a bus and having it fail. And don't give me the "sure it has problems in bus validators and this is a train company ticket" thing. I pay a lot of money for a ticket and I expect it to do what it says on the tin.

And how can a users representative body like RUI *not* be making more of a fuss ? I read here about the hassle in Pearse, Heuston & Connolly, but there's similar in Clontarf Road also just with smaller numbers. The validators there regularly fail to operate correctly (doing the hokey cokey with the ticket), they are out of synch (like an extra few seconds after the ticket has been accepted before it is spit out or before the gates open) or else they just don't work. This leads to people backing up into the station and up the stairs which is not particularly safe. It also leads to aggravation when you have people doing the hokey cokey while trying to get out on all the gates and the occasional poor person trying to get in and faced with 20-30 hassled people all trying to get out.

The poor guy in the ticket booth must have given up caring at this stage and I don't blame him. He didn't commission these flakey systems. He didn't break the gates, the validators or the tickets.

It really is a joke that this ticket mess has gone on for so long. It's not a funny joke though - it's at the expense of time and money wasted *every single day* for many, many commuters. It's like some bully boy tactic - they take your money from you, give you something and then hassle you when it doesn't work.

z
zag is offline   Reply With Quote