Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Events, Happenings and Media
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 03-12-2007, 21:06   #21
Derek Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
Fact is we took the time to find out why, instead of the usual grumble grumble uninformed ranting we now know what is going on. It appears this is a serious on going issue which is driving the maintenance people round the bend. Actual failures of the toilet for other reasons are unheard off.

The number one problem is sad individuals who get there kicks from wedging all kinds of objects into the toilet and watch the ensuing chaos.

The cause of these issues is nothing short of vandalism but since you can't have CCTV in the toilet its all but impossible to catch them

Everyone here is not only a passenger put also paying tax to the Irish state in some form and has a right to know why the service is crap, nothing wrong with the train but the tax payer is paying a small fortune in repair costs thanks to a few inconsiderate toe rags

We are still waiting on the program for government commitment to a transport police force to bear fruit
You are sidestepping the issue.

Whats uninformed about a passenger ranting about a blocked toilet and demanding satisfaction? What difference will RUI make to passengers, when armed with the technical details of a railcar toilet? Surely you are having a laugh. It doesn't matter how it gets blocked. It doesn't matter what the "gods" in IE's Drogheda depot think. They are paid to do a job. The bottom line is very simple. It is the companies responsibility to make sure that a blocked toilet is fixed promptly and isn't a health and saftey hazard for passengers. End of story. Stop making excuses for IE. It doesn't suit a passenger representative group.

As regards tax payers money, blocked toilets are the lesser worry in terms of IE. They waste enough taxpayers money with idling locos guzzling diesel and belching fumes into the air for hours on end and with no productive output. Yet more money is wasted repainting ancient locos that match nothing else in the fleet. I could go on with the examples of wastage. So don't play the taxpayers card to suit what is a blatant example of poor customer representation on behalf of RUI.

The vandalism issue is completely seperate.

IE do the cause. Passengers rant about the effect and RUI are meant to take IE to task about the effect.

Anything offered here just sounds like a Barry Kenny press release. Passengers will love that.
Unread 04-12-2007, 11:19   #22
CSL

A bit ott DW but I tend to agree with one of the sentiments ... I feel to a slight degree we are getting away from the passengers ....

a blocked jax is not something I need the details on ... I want to know if and when they will have a plan in place to mitigate this

e.g. temporary have travelling fitter & permanent plan re vandalism...

just my 0.05c
Closed Thread