Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Belfast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 31-05-2007, 22:45   #1
James Shields

Default Enterprise Magazine

Was browsing the new issue of Enterprise magazine (free magazine thatcomes out about twice a year on the Enterprise).

IE and NIR each have a page about what's happening on their railways, and the rest is general airline magazine material.

I found the sharp contrast between the NIR page and the IE page interesting.

The NIR page is all focused on improved customer service. There are several sections. One on improving station accessability (assuring customers that disruption will be kept to a minimum, but asking customers to be patient about the minor disruptions). Another section talks about how NIR have won awards in several categories in the UK railway customer service awards. The final section does mention the C3Ks, but only to say that they have been well received by customers, and that they have improved the customer experience of the railway.

The IE section was all about the new Intercity DMUs, and how wonderful everything will be when they enter service, and our fleet will move from the oldest in Europe to the youngest. I'm not sure if customers are even mentioned anywhere in the article.

I think that sums up the difference between the two companies. NIR are about providing an excellent customer service with limited resources. IE are about shiny new hardware, and everything will be wonderful when it all arrives, but customer service is someone else's job.
James Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2007, 09:26   #2
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

I forsee back problems with the 22000's seats. You read it here first..............
Unread 23-06-2007, 14:59   #3
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Well here are the pages in question

Translink really cleaned up at the awards this year
Attached Files
File Type: pdf pp0001.PDF (308.7 KB, 2561 views)
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote