Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Waterford
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 31-01-2010, 12:36   #21
Kilocharlie
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilkea View Post
True, but that should not be our problem, it should be théir's. I'm not sure what incoming service to Waterford on Sunday provides the set for the 06.10 on Monday morning, but they surely should be able to organise themselves better.
The Sunday timetable shows a 6-car premier set for the 1840 - this should then do the 0610 on Monday. Presumable the 1740 should be a 2x3 giving the two 3-car sets for the 0710 and 0740.

But since the 6-car is missing on Monday, it implies that it does not do the Sunday run; even so the on-line timetable has the 6-car premier listed.

Only conclusion: the timetable is incorrect! So if someone buys a premier seat either in Sunday evening or Monday morning they'll find no premier seats...
Kilocharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 14:19   #22
Kilkea
Regular Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Athy
Posts: 111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin88 View Post
Luas from Citywest will take you an age to get into town, and the Citywest people will no doubt charge you a nice premium to park. You will also be spending a lot more time on the M7/M8. Doesn't sound like a great alternative!
I can get to Citywest in 30 mins from just outside Athy because of the new M9. I would then expect to get from Citywest to IFSC in around 45 mins (it is currently 30 mins from RedCow on Luas). Total 1hour 15mins door to door.
I currently drive 5 mins to Athy, and then have 1 hour 5mins to Heuston (assuming Irish Rail run on time) and then have probably 5 mins wait and 15mins on either Luas or 90 bus to IFSC. Total 1hour 30mins door to door (big assumption here that IE run on time).

There is a park and ride proposed for Citywest/Saggart and I have no problem paying a weekly fee for a secure, well kept, well lit carpark as opposed to paying a weekly fee for the IE carpark in Athy which is badly lit, crap CCTV, covered in potholes, no markings etc etc!

The biggest difference would be the option to leave work at anytime and get home, not to be held to IE's crazy timetables.
Kilkea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 18:23   #23
plant43
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilkea View Post
I can get to Citywest in 30 mins from just outside Athy because of the new M9. I would then expect to get from Citywest to IFSC in around 45 mins (it is currently 30 mins from RedCow on Luas). Total 1hour 15mins door to door.
It's 46 minutes from Tallaght to Connolly, so expect the CityWest expansion to add another 10-15 minutes onto that.
plant43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 22:04   #24
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer
 
Colm Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,442
Default

While the M9 might be good, you still have to deal with traffic on the Nass Road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilkea View Post
There is a park and ride proposed for Citywest/Saggart and I have no problem paying a weekly fee for a secure, well kept, well lit carpark as opposed to paying a weekly fee for the IE carpark in Athy which is badly lit, crap CCTV, covered in potholes, no markings etc etc!
The P&R is more Jobstown / Cheeverstown / Fettercairn than Citywest / Saggart.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Cent...-77-Diversion/
Quote:
Route 77 Diversion
Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Dublin Bus wishes to advise customers that the following diversion on Route 77 will be in place until further notice.

The last 77 operating via Cheeverstown Road to Jobstown in both directions will be 19:00hrs. After 19:00hrs Route 77 will operate up and down the N81 to the Jobstown Inn, terminating at the old 65b terminus in Killinarden.

Dublin Bus apologises for any inconvenience caused.
__________________
Colm Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 15:06   #25
Kilkea
Regular Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Athy
Posts: 111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plant43 View Post
It's 46 minutes from Tallaght to Connolly, so expect the CityWest expansion to add another 10-15 minutes onto that.
Sorry, my mistake, I thought it was connecting with RedCow, not Belgard
Kilkea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2010, 08:09   #26
Oisin88
Member
 
Oisin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilkea View Post
I can get to Citywest in 30 mins from just outside Athy because of the new M9. I would then expect to get from Citywest to IFSC in around 45 mins (it is currently 30 mins from RedCow on Luas). Total 1hour 15mins door to door.
I currently drive 5 mins to Athy, and then have 1 hour 5mins to Heuston (assuming Irish Rail run on time) and then have probably 5 mins wait and 15mins on either Luas or 90 bus to IFSC. Total 1hour 30mins door to door (big assumption here that IE run on time).
Along with the other stuff people have posted, remember that with the Luas you need to factor in potential wait time. Presumably it will be about 12 minutes, if half of the trams to town are going from the square.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilkea View Post
There is a park and ride proposed for Citywest/Saggart and I have no problem paying a weekly fee for a secure, well kept, well lit carpark as opposed to paying a weekly fee for the IE carpark in Athy which is badly lit, crap CCTV, covered in potholes, no markings etc etc!
Well if you are happy to bankroll FF/PD/Developers, it's a free country!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilkea View Post
The biggest difference would be the option to leave work at anytime and get home, not to be held to IE's crazy timetables.
I can see your point there. That's always the clincher with public transport. There is always the implication that they are looking after the needs of the many with timetables. (More like the many have to fit in with whatever they trot out) The lack of flexibility on my commute is also killing me!
__________________
!
Oisin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:45.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.