Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > DART
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-06-2011, 13:05   #1
Brian Condron

Default Raheny

Looks like they are imminently installing the new turnstiles in Raheny. The old turnstiles were removed about a week ago.

Heads up for those using a smartcard for this station. The only reader at the moment is the one at the night gate. However there seems to be a software problem where the reader will only tag smartcards "on" and not "off". I have been caught with this myself a few times over the weekend. I sent an email to Irish Rail bringing it to their attention, they are usually very quick to respond, however if you plan to use Raheny Dart station this weekend make sure to buy a paper ticket.
Brian Condron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14-06-2011, 15:52   #2
Brian Condron

New turnstiles installed and operational, my smart card was refunded and all is well in Raheny.
Brian Condron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17-11-2011, 18:11   #3
Ernest
New to the board

Default Grafitti on Southbound Shelter at Raheny

One of the shelters on the southbound platform furthest from the ticket office has been very seriously vandalised mainly with black spraypaint. This is a predictable hazard in an open area like a station platform. What is needed is the Gardai to note and photograph the inane gibberish sprayed on to try and trace the culprit(s) and then for IE to immediately restore the shelter to discourage further deterioration in the station.
Ernest is offline   Reply With Quote