Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Sligo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 26-06-2006, 07:32   #1
turnapin

Default 25th June 19:00 Connolly-Sligo

Train on Platform 1 as of 18:15. Boarded at 18:35 and sat back to read the paper. At 18:45 doors close without warning and train moves out of Connolly, through the train wash and stops at North Strand. A bit anxious at this stage, I decided to walk the train to see if I was the only one on it. Meet two girls, similarly worried, so decided to hit the alarm to see if we could get back to Connolly. After a few minutes an IE employee comes along and informs us that it is the Sligo train, but they'd decided to move it to Platform 4. So five minutes later, off we go back through the train wash to Platform 4.
turnapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26-06-2006, 08:17   #2
MrX
Really Regular Poster

Do IE staff need to get psychologically evaluated? Did they ever hear of communication?!

I sometimes wonder about them. That is absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable.
MrX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26-06-2006, 08:32   #3
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Sounds completely crazy

I don't think passenger trains are even allowed to operate in service (with passengers) through the wash road

Of course there was the musical chairs game in the concourse in Connolly as the departure board swaped the train around

Moving the train offers no advantage in capacity terms since there are no incoming trains at that time to the main station, there is a Sligo arrival but all Maynooth line trains share a single track out of the main shed so again no difference
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26-06-2006, 08:54   #4
turnapin

Mark,

There was another 2900 on Platform 1 when we pulled back in, but don't know if came from the sheds or was in service.
turnapin is offline   Reply With Quote