Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Rosslare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-10-2007, 13:53   #41
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Default Question !!

Do the New InterCitys have electronic route maps and have tilting for such a long carriage?
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2007, 14:51   #42
janda
New to the board

As an aside, didn't an Irish Rail official tell Wexford Co Co there would be an early service from Wexford Town, replacing the early bird Gorey?

I'm trying to find link to Wexford people article-here is extract
Quote:
Vastly improved rail service for Wexford

Irish Rail chiefs have given a commitment to vastly improve Wexford's train service with brand new rolling stock, and five daily return journeys to Dublin by the end of 2008.
Michael Power, the service planning manager for Irish Rail, outlined the plans for the Wexford-Dublin line at a meeting of Wexford Borough Council on Monday.
An early bird' train, which could hook up with the existing 6 a.m. commuter train from Gorey was also touted as a possibility by the Iarnrod Eireann executive - but, would only be at the expense of the existing 8 a.m. service.
The company are also looking to have a day return connection between Wexford and Waterford in operation by May of next year.
janda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2007, 17:07   #43
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Default Wexford-Dublin

R.E Janda,
Yes i read that info from the last I.E webcam which i cannot find the address for. It would be brillant if Iarnrod Eireann introduced a 06:00 Rosslare-Dublin and the journey would take 2hr30min Even a 05:30 to Dublin if the other routes of Ireland can have a service in the early hours(05:30) then why not Wexford. Would you agree if I.E had all of its services Wexford instead of Gorey the line would improve with more passengers. Waterford-Wexford would be fanastic.
Saying this i dont think the services are going to improve until 2008. Did you get a chance to see the new intercity 22000 train on Thrusday. Its looks really nice.
Unread 03-10-2007, 17:30   #44
James Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith/Gorey View Post
Do the New InterCitys have electronic route maps and have tilting for such a long carriage?
Electric route maps: I believe so.

Tilting: No chance! (At least not intentional tilting into corners. Hopefully they won't have "swaying" like the 29Ks either.)
James Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2007, 19:33   #45
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Default James

Thanks James. I hope so to....
Unread 03-10-2007, 21:58   #46
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

No electronic maps, they don't work on the Cork train so its not much of a loss
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2007, 21:27   #47
Thomas Ralph
IT Officer

They work on a minority of Cork trains. I don't know whether they use wheel-counters, GPS, or some other technology.
Thomas Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2007, 23:47   #48
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Well it uses GPS, we have a screen shot with the GPS data on screen pumped it into google maps and yes the train thought it was where it was, problem is the display said the train was in Kildare when in fact the GPS had it in Portlaoise
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2007, 18:02   #49
Edward Ryan
Regular Poster

One of the new 22 class trains passed Gorey this evening heading in the Dublin direction.
Edward Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2007, 11:21   #50
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Arrow

Maybe they are testing the train again for the max speed on some parts of the line. The other day I was travelling on the new N11 road and there is parts of the railway line that you can see from the road, I noticed how the track had some amount of curves they are very sharp....
Unread 08-11-2007, 13:24   #51
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Arrow

New railcars in Wexford today passing through the quays at 12.50 there was a korean person inside the train beside a white machine writing down every detail from what I could seen. Who knows we might get the railcars sooner than we think
Unread 08-11-2007, 19:38   #52
essoII
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithStephen View Post
there was a korean person inside the train beside a white machine writing down every detail from what I could seen.
yeah, saw the same train idling in greystones this afternoon, very nice looking piece of machinery i have to say. It's way taller than any other train i've seen on the network, well at least in comparison to commuters and the old intercity trains. Was at least a good foot and a half taller than the dart sitting next to it.
essoII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2007, 22:44   #53
KSW
Really Regular Poster

The inside is really nice from what I seen. Mark and Derek that 16:40 Connolly-Gorey service which doesnt stop in Bray that service takes almost 2hours so therefore I'm guessing that the services on this route will be the same amount of time as now, Or is it this service(haha)

Last edited by KSW : 08-11-2007 at 22:49.
Unread 09-11-2007, 19:05   #54
Thomas Ralph
IT Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Shields View Post
The commuter railcars are all 20m per coach, so a 6-car set will be 180m.

The Intercity railcars are 23m, so six of them become 198m, almost as long as a 7-car commuter train, if such a thing existed. I don't know if that's enough to push them over the current platform lengths.
Well, I got a train from Enniscorthy to Bray last weekend. The far side platform (they aren't numbered) in Enniscorthy was only just long enough to take the six 2800s, so the last carriage of a 22000 wouldn't land on the platform. There's extra length on the main platform so it's not a problem on that side.
Thomas Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2007, 00:35   #55
Rushed2nowhere
New to the board

Will the commuter railcars opperating on the Limerick Ballybrophy and Limerick Waterford/Rosslare be eventually replaced by three car 22000 sets?

Also, IE have issued a tender for 250 DART carriages and 150 commuter railcars.Where will IE use their 330 commuter railcars as the lines as far as Maynooth,Balbriggan and Hazlehatch will be electrified.

Are Limerick and Galway going to get Commuter services?

How many commuter railcars will Cork need once the line to Middleton and the new stations are opened?

Last edited by Rushed2nowhere : 10-11-2007 at 00:37. Reason: Removed an a before three and added an s to set
Rushed2nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2007, 13:21   #56
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Arrow

I reckon from all my reading that the Routes mentioned will still have the Commuter railcars because the first and last trains are the busiest but saying this we all deserve a decent rail carriage.
Unread 11-11-2007, 22:49   #57
Rushed2nowhere
New to the board

I saw 4, 3 car 22000 at Limerick junction today.I think that there was a fifth set.
Rushed2nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2007, 18:17   #58
KSW
Really Regular Poster

I think there just teasing you. Is there really a techinal problem with these new trains they appear to be in good working condition but thats not including the techinal side of it.
Unread 14-11-2007, 22:27   #59
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Suggestion is now 'late 2007' for Sligo and 2008 for everything else.
Colm Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14-11-2007, 23:05   #60
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Thumbs up

Lucky Sligo. Question - will the new 22k trains have the same annoucements as like the Cork InterCity with "ladies and Gentlemen Iarnrod Eireann welcomes you onboard, This is the xx:xx to xxxxxxx. No thread has covered this area.