Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > All stops to Thurles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-11-2006, 09:31   #1
grainne whale
Really Regular Poster

Default Usual Monday Morning Delays

There was the usual Monday morning choas this morning on the Kildare line. Passengers at Hazelhatch were left waiting for 40 mins. No trains ran from 7 20am until 8 am, when eventually a train did turn up, people could not get on to it. What contributed in fact to this was that (selfish) passengers refused to move up the train so that others could not get on.
grainne whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2006, 09:54   #2
Celbridge traveller
New to the board

Default Those late Monday morning trains

This morning the announcement in relation to the late arrival of the 7.22 ex Celbridge to Dublin was made at about 7.35 i.e 13 minutes after the train was due to depart from Celbridge to Hueston!

Part of the Celbridge station tannoy announcement included a comment that the train was 30 minutes departing its journey start.

If somebody in IE was thinking "Customer", passengers could have been informed as they arrived in the station that the train was running 30 minutes late & would then have the option of returning to their cars - I can comfirm that it was cold & foggy standing for thirty minutes on the platform today!

IE, the customers do matter!

At least Dublin Bus had two route 92 busses waiting.

Last edited by Celbridge traveller : 06-11-2006 at 10:47.
Celbridge traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2006, 10:04   #3
2Funki4Wheelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celbridge traveller View Post
At least Dublin Bus had two route 92 busses waiting.
Better than us on the 5:30 from Cork. At least 15 mins late in Portarlington (which was announced when it was already 5 mins late). Made an unscheduled stop in Kildare (no reason given for this) - crawled all the way in (got in 25 mins late).

Announcement on train "Apologies for the slow progress, there's trains ahead of us, they were all delayed becasue of adverse weather conditions".
Bad weather in Ireland?? - we've never had that before

Into Heuston, people standing at least 5 deep on the Luas platform (4 mins & 11 mins). No 90 for 5 mins and it was totally packed.
One 46A which got packed, then 4 mins later a 92.
Unread 06-11-2006, 10:12   #4
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Funki4Wheelz View Post
"Apologies for the slow progress, there's trains ahead of us, they were all delayed becasue of adverse weather conditions".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Met Eireann
06 November 2006 05:08
Today

Frost and fog affecting the midlands and south will clear slowly this morning and the day will be dry with some hazy sunshine developing. Later this evening, however, patches of rain will appear in the west and northwest. Feeling cool, with moderate southwest to south winds; highest temperatures 10 to 13 degrees Celsius.
Seems normal to me, fog not an issue since all trains have cab signalling. Its just the usual blame something else game since IE once again failed to deal with the leaf fall problem, every line has to be treated every night not the once or twice a week token gesture you get now

2 of the Mk4 sets on Saturday where seriously faster than normal but the fact most Mk4 trains seem to leave late (at least 4 ex Dublin left 10+ minutes late over the weekend) destroys this advantage
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2006, 10:21   #5
grainne whale
Really Regular Poster

Oh I forgot to say that an empty train passed us in Hazelhatch about 8am it stopped at a red light just after the station and then went on its merry way into Hueston.
grainne whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2006, 10:43   #6
MrX
Really Regular Poster

A suggestion for the automatic PA:

"Iaranrod Eireann regrets the indefinate suspension of all services on the Cork-Dublin line. This is due to a leaf which has been detected 4 miles south of Kildare. A team of engineers are making their way on foot from inchicore with a leafblower to clear the line. We regret any inconviencience caused"
MrX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2006, 11:21   #7
kilman
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Funki4Wheelz View Post
Better than us on the 5:30 from Cork. At least 15 mins late in Portarlington (which was announced when it was already 5 mins late). Made an unscheduled stop in Kildare (no reason given for this) - crawled all the way in (got in 25 mins late).

Announcement on train "Apologies for the slow progress, there's trains ahead of us, they were all delayed becasue of adverse weather conditions".
Bad weather in Ireland?? - we've never had that before

Into Heuston, people standing at least 5 deep on the Luas platform (4 mins & 11 mins). No 90 for 5 mins and it was totally packed.
One 46A which got packed, then 4 mins later a 92.
The 5:30 never seems to arrive in Port on time anymore. Its almost got to the stage that you can be 5 or 10 mins late and be pretty sure that its not going to have passed through. I'm going for the 7:52 and lately I find that I'm always on the express train.That train most be running very late these days considering it is not only behind the Cork train but also the Waterford train.
kilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2006, 18:25   #8
Oisin88

Even the out of Heuston trains decided to take on a bit of a delay.

The 07:10 to Galway left at 7:30 with the last two carriages empty due to sub-zero temperatures. At ten past there was a staff announcement to "send the shunter to platform 7." At half seven in the few carriages which did have a working PA system we were told that there was a technical problem with the doors.

What does a shunter do?
Oisin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2006, 11:25   #9
kilman
Regular Poster

Isn't a shunter the guy who gives the train a push start? He's the well built guy you'll see around
kilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 10:08   #10
colmoc

I was up in sweden/denmark last week and got an overnight train from copenhagen to stockholm on wednesday.

Unfortunately Wednesday night saw Swedens first bad snow of the winter so I expected delays.
To my surprise I arrived into Stockholm central 5 mins nearly despite a foot of snow in some places.

Considering the difficulty of this journey to say that IE cant deal with leaves on the track is a pathetic joke.

On a different note my train tickets around scandinavia cost me €320 when bought in sweden on the day of travel (they seem to work on the basis that the closer to departure time the more expensive the ticket will be).

IE offered me the same journeys for €627 over a month ago when the price quoted at the time by swedish rail was €210. IE are a rip off
colmoc is offline   Reply With Quote