Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 20-12-2016, 00:16   #61
Kilocharlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2k9 View Post
Took the PPT service this evening to try it out, 18.01 ex Pearse to Hazelhatch. It was on time until we were held for around 6 minutes north of Connolly because of a fault that caused a delay to the 18.05 to Longford. Had a slight stop coming out of Heuston because the 18.05 to Portlaoise didn't depart until 18.25, Connolly delay off set this stoppage.

18.01 was a very quiet service, had a 4 seater to myself, around 35-40 got off at Hazelhatch and maybe 15 joined the connection to Newbridge.

It was great not having please mind the gap and thank you for traveling with Iarnród Éireann at any intermediate stops. They have also removed it from Portlaoise services.

I'm going annoy them until it's removed off other services, I have succeeded in the past getting the pa cut down.
The 1801 (1758 ex GCD) connects with the 1825 from Heuston not the 1805. The 1758 is typically 5-10 mins late at Drumcondra but makes the connection with the 1825. Sounds like your trip was normal but I seen larger numbers that that.
Kilocharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20-12-2016, 13:31   #62
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
The 1801 (1758 ex GCD) connects with the 1825 from Heuston not the 1805. The 1758 is typically 5-10 mins late at Drumcondra but makes the connection with the 1825. Sounds like your trip was normal but I seen larger numbers that that.
Yes I'm aware but just pointing out that the 18.05 didn't depart Heuston until 18.25 last night so we were stuck behind it.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2017, 09:40   #63
Kilocharlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilocharlie View Post
There's a story going around, not confirmed, that the city-centre add-on to P2P does not work at barriers other than Connolly and that IE are now suggesting that users get a P2P to Pearse since they can't/won't reprogramme the barriers.

If so that's bad news with my 2017 P2P+add-on ordered.

Any truth in this?
Story has been confirmed by Irish Rail.

As a conclusion to this tale, all P2P tickets to Heuston with the City Centre add-on have been issued as P2P to GCD which includes the DB/Luas add-on starting on 1st Jan.

Mine worked correctly this morning.
Kilocharlie is offline   Reply With Quote