Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > All stops to Thurles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-09-2006, 06:16   #1
davidth88
New to the board

Default travel from Hazelhatch

Guys, I am new to this board, so I looked but couldn't see these questions answered anywhere .

I live in Celbridge and have started to use the train service more often, only for ' pleasure ' I don't commute on it.

But a number of questions come to mind .

Why on earth is there no Sunday service , if this is meant to be a ' commuter ' service don't Irish Rail realise people work on SUndays too.

Why is there not a regular feeder bus from Hazelhatch to Celbridge meeting every train ? This wouldn't be rocket science and would relieve some of the pressure on the car park.

I looked into commuting to Park West on this line , and this may have changed , but there were only 2 trains coming home in the evening ( I finish around 16:30 ) . One was at 16:20, the next one I think was at 17:45 ! I can just imagine trying to get on the 17:45 ......How can that be described as a commuter service.

Now I understand that the doubling of the track will help on the last question , however do single tracks preclude Irish Rail from running on Sundays ?
davidth88 is offline   Reply With Quote