Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Belfast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 20-11-2015, 15:20   #81
Commuter12345
New to the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
Hate to point this out but they are the same seats, no change in spacing.

Just new seat covers.
I assume you mean that the seat frames are the same but that there is new and additional back padding under the covers?
Commuter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20-11-2015, 17:09   #82
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Frames are the exact same, so no change in seat height, spacing, width or pitch. The headrest is different

The Enterprise seat were always a bit low
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20-11-2015, 21:31   #83
Commuter12345
New to the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
Frames are the exact same, so no change in seat height, spacing, width or pitch. The headrest is different

The Enterprise seat were always a bit low
Yes you may be right once the foam settles down. The usual Friday Dublin 4:50 to Belfast so.
Gay Foreigners without seats taking pictures of other people standing?
Commuter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-11-2015, 17:26   #84
James Shields

I haven't been the refurbished Enterprise set yet, but as far as I know the only new seating is in the restaurant car.
James Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-11-2015, 17:51   #85
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
I haven't been the refurbished Enterprise set yet, but as far as I know the only new seating is in the restaurant car.
Wouldn't get to excited about it as it's only 22000 seating.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-11-2015, 22:31   #86
ACustomer
Really Regular Poster

In view of the last few posts on old/recycled seating, please remind us again what the total cost of this exercise is?
ACustomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24-11-2015, 07:52   #87
Inniskeen
Really Regular Poster

Replacing /recycling seats is incidental to this project and hardly the yardstick on which to judge it. The major issue with the seating configuration on these trains is the restricted leg-room in standard class dictated by seat density.
Inniskeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24-11-2015, 10:57   #88
berneyarms
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterpriseUser View Post
Mark: which train service is the refurbished Enterprise set operating. Is it 0800, 1405 ex Belfast and 1100 and 1650 ex Dublin? The timetables have not been changed. Many thanks.
Yes - that's the link that the set is currently operating.
berneyarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24-11-2015, 12:13   #89
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

We have been promised a second set next Monday but skeptical but they need to have all 4 complete by December 31st

This will go on the 06:50 link so

0650, 1235, 1805
0935, 1520, 2050

Last edited by Mark Gleeson : 24-11-2015 at 12:15.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24-11-2015, 14:13   #90
citizens7
New to the board

The uncomfortable seating is probably down to the new filling and lack of head support!

Any truth in the rumours about a new Enterprise timetable which aligns better with commuter working day ?
citizens7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24-11-2015, 14:58   #91
berneyarms
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizens7 View Post
The uncomfortable seating is probably down to the new filling and lack of head support!

Any truth in the rumours about a new Enterprise timetable which aligns better with commuter working day ?
Draft timetables are now out for consultation:
http://www.irishrail.ie/news/public-...muter-services
berneyarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24-11-2015, 16:34   #92
ACustomer
Really Regular Poster

The draft timetable may show more even departure intervals for the Enterprise, but the trains are mostly slower: nothing shorter than 2h 15m. The new early departure from Belfast takes 2h 26 mins.

What's driving this is the new 10-minute interval DART service, which seems to slow everything up. I know that this really needs a new thread, but the Rosslare times have really gone to hell, and the Bray-Howth darts are generally about 75 minutes (remember when they took just 60?).

So you have to wait about 5 minutes less for a DART, and then finds it takes maybe 5 to 10 minutes longer to make the journey. Brilliant! Only on Irish Rail.....
ACustomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2015, 11:05   #93
pculbert
New to the board

Default SEATING - TRAYS

I used the refurbished Enterprise train yesterday for the first time, sitting in the seats without a table. When I tried to pull the tray down to put a coffee on, I found it would not lower past my stomach! I accept I am slightly overweight but I have never had an issue on any other NI train nor indeed on the previous Enterprise trains. I had to use the tray on the adjoining seat. I have emailed Translink and am awaiting a response (I suggested some of their staff sit in these seats and try using the trays).

Has anyone else experienced similar?
pculbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2016, 17:09   #94
James Shields

So are all the Enterprise sets back now?

I got the 8:20 from Drogheda to Connolly, which was served by an Enterprise set.

This morning the 8:18 relief was still running ahead of the Enterprise (about 20 mins late). Not sure if the Enterprise was using Enterprise stock.

James
James Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2016, 18:45   #95
Inniskeen
Really Regular Poster

The relief left Drogheda this morning at 0840 with the 0650 from Belfast following at 0845. With so much padding in the schedules and despite three permanent way slacks, both trains had reached Connolly by 0917. The 29k on the relief required the attention of maintenance staff at Drogheda and caused the Belfast train to be held outside.

Last edited by Inniskeen : 04-01-2016 at 18:51.
Unread 05-01-2016, 18:49   #96
Dublin13
Regular Poster

Over the past couple of weeks they have been holding DART services to allow commuter and enterprise trains through, which I know will please someone on here.

Recently the 16:58 from Clontarf to Malahide has been running at least 10 minutes late every day normally because of late running commuter and Enterprise services and tonight it was running almost 20 minutes late waiting for the Enterprise to go through.

The platform display at Clontarf showed 1 min for over 10 min, when the Enterprise did go through the Malahide train and the following Howth were literally in convoy.
Dublin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2016, 08:13   #97
Inniskeen
Really Regular Poster

That DART was held for 5 minutes to allow the delayed 1650 to Belfast precede it at East Wall - this saved a further delay of 25 minutes to the Enterprise. This DART was 8 minutes late leaving Pearse and 13 minutes late at Portmarnock.

While the 1644 from Pearse to Drogheda is late most days due to congestion associated with the altered track layout at Pearse, it rarely affects the following DART as this is normally late before it gets to Pearse as was the case yesterday.
Unread 06-01-2016, 08:19   #98
Dublin13
Regular Poster

Oh that Dart is late all the time, no dispute about that, but I can tell you for certain that the time between the train showing due in 1 min on the display versus it actually arriving at Clontarf was 10 mins. At one point it vanished completely from the board.

My main gripe with it is because of it, is related to the timetable too, since it was almost impossible to board the DART to Malahide because of the sheer number of people due to even later than normal running.

Don't worry though, there was a Howth train right behind it that was probably empty, followed by another one that was probably empty as well, the service on the Malahide branch is a joke, trains are running late all of the time and overcrowded doesn't seem to effect the Howth branch nearly as much, but it just generates even worse overcrowding on the Malahide branch than there already is.
Unread 06-01-2016, 13:38   #99
Inniskeen
Really Regular Poster

I was on that DART and it was stopped north of Connolly for six seconds under five minutes. It was full with a fair number standing but nothing spectacular given the delay and the time of the evening. Station stops were relatively brief, approximately 30 seconds at each station from Clontarf Road to Portmarnock again indicating that the train wasn't overly taxed in terms of passengers.

The main problem with operations on this route is that the infrastructure is inadequate to support the timetable and too inflexible to allow quick recovery in the event of anything other than a very minor disturbance. Without additional tracks stations such as Clongriffin can only be properly served by downgrading existing services which is in effect what the proposed new timetable does. Huge stations have been built on the Kildare line with up to five platforms in addition to fast and slow lines. Patronage at these stations are negligible while Clongriffin, which is much busier, has been built with four platforms and only three tracks !
Unread 06-01-2016, 14:05   #100
Dublin13
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inniskeen View Post
I was on that DART and it was stopped north of Connolly for six seconds under five minutes. It was full with a fair number standing but nothing spectacular given the delay and the time of the evening. Station stops were relatively brief, approximately 30 seconds at each station from Clontarf Road to Portmarnock again indicating that the train wasn't overly taxed in terms of passengers.
I don't know how long it was stopped North at Connolly, all I know is that between the time it said 1 min on the board the train was nowhere in sight and 10 minutes later it had only just arrived.

It depends on the carriages, some of them were lightly loaded alwright but I had to try three doors before I got in one. It was nothing like the 17:58 or the 18:42 however from Clontarf which are the two that are absolutely wedged on a regular basis all the wya through to Cllongriffin, no chance of getting on them. if you have a buggy for instance or some luggage.