Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Cork
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 02-08-2006, 00:35   #1
MrX
Really Regular Poster

Default Lack of staff on intercity trains...

I just had one of the most unpleasant Intercity journies of my entire life, not due to a bad train but due to out of control passengers.

7:30pm MK3 service Cork-Dublin (1/08/2006)

The train started off in Cork not overloaded and everything was quite pleasant.. As the journey went on this group of what I could only describe as drunken yobs got on. They drank to the point that they weren't even able to stand up and then lit up cigerettes in the middle of the coach.

Someone challenged them and was just threatened violently.

I ended up leaving the coach and standing between carriages for the rest of the journey.

It's not the first time that I've seen passengers way way too drunk on board IE trains. If they're going to continue to serve alcohol the very least they could do is supervise the passengers.

It's irresponsible on IE's behalf and it's also hypocritical considering how strictly they can inforce no drinking on commuter/dart trains!

Perhaps drinking should be confined to the dining car?

It seems insane that they will allow someone to drink a six pack at their own seat.