Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Events, Happenings and Media
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-03-2007, 00:05   #1
Derek Wheeler

Default DB sell rail tickets!!!!

I know Im banned for a while, but I just read this on boards;

Quote:
Introduction of a new Route 93 Bus/Rail shuttle service

Dublin Bus is pleased to announce the introduction of a new Route 93 Bus/Rail shuttle service from Monday 12th March . The service connects with trains to and from the new Docklands Rail Station and the City Centre.

From Docklands
Docklands Rail Station; North Wall Quay; Tara Street Dart Station

From City Centre
Eden Quay; North Wall Quay; Docklands Rail Station.

Fare: Adult €1.20 and Child €0.70

A combined bus and rail ticket to Broombridge, Ashtown, Castleknock, Coolmine or Clonsilla may be purchased on the bus.
Now correct me if Im wrong, but if I board a 90 bus on eden quay, I can't buy a through rail ticket to anywhere out of Heuston. Arriving in Heuston, I have to hope (or requested from my departing station) that my rail ticket entitles me to "local travel" in Dublin. (as some hardchaw on boards.ie said)

So before I take out the shotgun and burst through the door of boards.ie, can somebody explain why DB can do this and is it a case of "pulling out all the stops" for a rail station that was only built to satisfy planning provisos in west Dublin? Perhaps Im not being "PC" (despite the pitiful ravings of a boards.ie lunatic, I do know what it actually means) or conformist enough to grasp this wonderfully new "integrated" package.

Rail tickets are card with stripe. Bus tickets are paper. Whats the story rory??? Exit validation anyone????