Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Rosslare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 31-12-2008, 17:06   #7
Traincustomer

Default Rail and ferry interchange at Rosslare Europort

Hi, hope you won't mind me quoting you but this is an area of interest to me. Both myself and family members living on both sides of the Irish Sea have used the train to/from the ferry at Rosslare over the years (usually to/from Dublin). Sometimes we have had all-in sea/rail tickets. The most recent occasion was in August when a family member arriving off the Fishguard ferry used the South Wexford line service at 0705 from Europort. It was disappointing that the station was moved further away from the terminal building but nonetheless we will continue to use the route from time to time. Thankfully in recent times rail-sea connections in terms of timings have improved e.g. the 1830 ex Connolly was too tight for the Fishguard sailing but now the 1725 ex Connolly makes this possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSW View Post
I didn't know anybody took the train coming off from Fishguard hence why did they move the station closer to the people of Rosslare Hbr. I know there were problems with lorry's getting across the level crossing etc.. There is a thread on this but I think its in the members area.
Does anybody infact coming from Fishguard or leaving Rosslare make the connection by train? would be interesting to know!!
Traincustomer is offline   Reply With Quote