Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Galway - Limerick - Waterford - Rosslare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 17-02-2012, 01:55   #15
IckyThump
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowlingm View Post
The bus does Limerick-Waterford. The train does Limerick Junction-Limerick and Limerick Junction-Waterford. Not the same thing at all! IE doesn't want to mess up their failure to compete against the bus on the one route with a crappy enough road that even a 40mph 2700 is vaguely competitive.
yea the route is Limerick-limerick junction limerick junction-waterford

but even with the half hour wait at the junction it takes 2 and a half hours in totla which is literally 5 mins longer than the bus that goes direct but also stops at said junction

the time differnce is nothing even with a crappy road competing with a crappy track

when talking to students i rarely and i mean RARELY meet someone who uses the train because they assumed the train cost way more................... of course now they are right. but when i first started using the train it was €1.50 cheaper than the bus and i had the comfort of toilets and a socket for my laptop.

if only the train was increased equally the way the bus was then id have no problem. but a €2.50 increase for busses and a €12 increase for trains is scandalous and shows a lack of respect for customers while trying to blind the media with the "hey Dublin i got you another present" campaign
IckyThump is offline   Reply With Quote