Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > General Irish Rail Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 19-02-2017, 13:57   #1
ACustomer
Really Regular Poster

Default No Reservations after March 19

The IE website(to-day February 19th) still has a notice dated 26th January that reservations are not possible beyond March 19th. Any news on when this will be fixed? Any airline having such a cavalier attitude to online reservations would have gone out of business after a hiatus of only a few days.
ACustomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19-02-2017, 14:59   #2
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
The IE website(to-day February 19th) still has a notice dated 26th January that reservations are not possible beyond March 19th. Any news on when this will be fixed? Any airline having such a cavalier attitude to online reservations would have gone out of business after a hiatus of only a few days.
Likely this week, from what I heard the new system is a vast improvement on existing one and will allow you to amend reservations etc.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28-02-2017, 16:07   #3
ACustomer
Really Regular Poster

Notice dated Feb 27 on IE website that bookings from March 19th should be available from March 3rd. Looks like a very late and botched transition to me. I don't care how wonderful the new system might be: any private company which screws up its online booking system is toast.
Unread 28-02-2017, 17:18   #4
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

They used only accept bookings 30 days ahead now its 60. I think your making a big deal over it.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2017, 09:23   #5
ACustomer
Really Regular Poster

Jamie29k: you say:
Quote:
They used only accept bookings 30 days ahead now its 60. I think your making a big deal over it.
Well, I looked at the IE website yesterday and I could not find any reference to the general time- frame for reservations, whether 30 or 60 days. Maybe it's there in some obscure small print in some terms and conditions document, but it should be up-front.

Anyhow whether 30 or 60 days, IE have let it drop to 16 days (assuming they meet their March 3 deadline). No I am not making a"big deal" over it: the whole thing is symptomatic of the casual incompetence which surrounds much of IE's commercial operations.

I repeat: any private sector operator which was so sloppy would be toast (or at least some senior management would be toast)