Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Rosslare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 17-08-2007, 20:14   #1
ciaram
New to the board

Thumbs down [17-8-2007] Double breakdown

Hi, longtime reader, firstime (P11 that is, not IE) complainer...

Caught the 7.26 2800 ex Connolly-Rosslare in Dun Laoghaire (to avoid the now usual 4 car Friday syndrome). All going well until we came to a rather rapid halt just south of Arklow. After a 10 minute wait we arrived in Gorey about 9.35 to the dulcet tones of the drive announcing that the train was now going out of service and a bus would collect onward passengers. The train departed Dublin-wards with great speed and an assortment of passengers started making frantic phonecalls. 50 minutes later a bus did eventually arrive, but in the meantime the 7.40 Rosslare-Connolly 29000passed at approximately 10.05 having suffered an earlier fault.

Since my sister was coming down later in the day I naturally checked the website once I got home to check the "latest updates" but not a mention of the fun on the Rosslare line.

I was rather interested in how IE planned to run the 13.40 train back to Connolly considering there was now no train there but, alas, no mention on the website.

Obviously leaving Arklow the drive knew there was a problem, yet failed to announce to the passengers, also, guessing by the time the bus took to get to Gorey, he somewhat neglected to let Gorey know as well.

At least I managed to get a nice photo of the poster in Gorey showing the 22000 and saying "Arriving this autumn".
ciaram is offline   Reply With Quote