Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-02-2009, 09:27   #1
ThomasJ

Default Painful memories return!

And when I say painful I mean physically painful as in crouched over or crushed against the window!

I took the 07:46 ex Maynooth this morning, what I thought was one of the lighter loading trains, how wrong was I!

I boarded at clonsilla and after castleknock the usual crushloads you associate the "calcutta line" were clear to see, with people at ashtown and broombridge forcing themselves on it was horrible!

The tunnell at Connolly is a nightmare! Had to go down it to get to platform 5 and when the platform alteration was announced we had to walk back that way with all the passengers disembarking the train coming towards us down the tunnell!

On a side note I noticed that the internal visual info service on the train listed all the stations the train would stop at, all the way in at all stations the train stopped at with the exception of Drumcondra of course!
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2009, 16:13   #2
Past30now
New to the board

The 7.58 was in a similar state. I got on in Coolmine and it was significantly more packed than what passes for normal.

Past 30
Past30now is offline   Reply With Quote