Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Sligo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 16-04-2008, 13:45   #1
Ballymore
Regular Poster

Default Problems today 16/4/08

Maynooth Services currently suspended by Corporate Communications

Wednesday 16th April - 14.15hrs

Iarnrod Eireann regret to inform customers that due to a signalling fault Maynooth Services currently suspended.

We are working to rectify the fault, and this website will be update as further information is available.

Dublin Bus are currently honouring rail tickets on relevant services on this route.

Iarnrod Eireann apologises for any inconvenience caused.
Unread 16-04-2008, 13:46   #2
Ballymore
Regular Poster

Also a report of a problem with a Sligo - Dublin train getting stuck in Clonsilla for a while late this morning - according to Aertel an ambulance was called for a passenger who subsequently fell ill on the train.
Unread 16-04-2008, 20:37   #3
John J
Regular Poster

Was in Connolly around six.

All Maynooth line services suspended bar 18.18 Connolly-Longford and 19.05 Connolly-Sligo - first stop Kilcock on both services.

Apparantly, Dublin Bus were honouring tickets, but I eventually lost patience with the overall chaos and shelled out €37 for a taxi to Leixlip.
The car park was still nearly full when I got back around seven - normally would be almost empty by then.
God help those who tried to get home by train or bus.

I thought Irish Rail had already scaled the heights of sheer incompetence, but they've really outdone themselves this time.
Unread 17-04-2008, 08:20   #4
JohnM
New to the board

Despite this being what I heard as well the 18.18 (which left about 18.30) stopped at all stations to Maynooth. This was announced by the driver after we got on the train.

It got into Mullingar about 20.15, only(!) half an hour late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John J View Post
Was in Connolly around six.

All Maynooth line services suspended bar 18.18 Connolly-Longford and 19.05 Connolly-Sligo - first stop Kilcock on both services.

Apparantly, Dublin Bus were honouring tickets, but I eventually lost patience with the overall chaos and shelled out €37 for a taxi to Leixlip.
The car park was still nearly full when I got back around seven - normally would be almost empty by then.
God help those who tried to get home by train or bus.

I thought Irish Rail had already scaled the heights of sheer incompetence, but they've really outdone themselves this time.
JohnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17-04-2008, 08:48   #5
Ballymore
Regular Poster

The visual displays out on Platform 7 and verbal announcements all suggested the first stop on that 18:17 train would be Kilcock but as last poster said it did in fact stop at all stations. In fairness there was at least one member of Irish Rail staff on the platform telling people - quietly I might add - that he was sure it would be stopping all stations despite the contrary announcements. That train left Connolly at 18:29 but aAll in all another disastrous day communication wise. I got to Mullingar at a very late 20:11

I came in to work this morning by car - although I was aware things were back to normal but I have to leave early today and I could not risk being stranded again so I drove in just in case. Then I seen we got an email to our HR department at 17:03 as a number of us here have annual tickets - I presume other businesses did too - but it wasnt issued by our HR dept until 18:03 so it was pretty useless as the majority of people here finish at 17:30 anyway!
Unread 22-04-2008, 13:15   #6
thedailygrudge
New to the board

Angry no organisation, no clue

On the 16th April, we were informed via an email to tax savers from Irish Rail that all trains were cancelled and to take a bus instead.

We went to Bus Aras and they would not honour our tickets so we forked out €13 on top of our annual train tickets. Needless to say the story changed not much later after 5pm. The trains were back on apparently. It took us close to 3 hours to get to Mullingar by bus and I was not a happy lady!!!

Why is it that IR don't give a flying *** about customers who pay to support their excessive wages.

After getting the Sligo service departing Mullignar at 7.26 every morning we are generally greeted by 8 orange jackets, staff standing around doing nothing, while they have no time ot convey customer messages or apologies or explanations.

It's beyond a joke.
thedailygrudge is offline   Reply With Quote