Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 22-04-2008, 13:52   #1
thedailygrudge
New to the board

Default Trains required after 19.00 to Mullingar

Does anyone else think that we need trains after 19.00 as a matter of urgency.

I contacted IR about this for the last 2 years and they state there is not enough demand for the service & hardly anyone has expressed interest in it, which I do not believe.

The fact people can't start work any earlier than 8.30 means we occassionally have to work late, meaning after 19.00 like most of the modern capital cities in the world. For IR to expect me to catch a 11pm bus home and hang around Bus Aras on my own as an alternative is a joke!!!

We did get a 21.00 train this year on the timetable but it was taken off within minute sof being deicided upon in draft format due to the fact it would mean cancelling the 18.15. How these 2 would be interlinked I don't know. Surely there are enough drivers for a 18.15 and a 21.00 from Connolly to Mullingar.

Can everyone who agrees we need this later train please write in to IR P. Slowey to make sure we express our concern?

Thanks,
newby to forum but long term commuter
thedailygrudge is offline   Reply With Quote