Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Rosslare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-01-2009, 10:20   #1
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
The lack of a service after 7pm is disgraceful and it is one of the reasons Irish Rail is losing passengers they are not meeting the needs and expectations of the public. Rosslare suffers
And don't I know it
Although I don't live in Gorey on the Rosslare line anymore I am really interested in what IE are planning for the line. Splitting Maynooth/Drogheda away from Rosslare Europort services.

This coming July will be 5 years since Rosslare had an InterCity train to run its 3 daily services. Some people like the 2800 class on the route but I'm not one of them. The Rosslare Europort line will hopefully be getting 5 daily services each way with the new 22k trains. I was traveling from Gorey the other day and to waste time by seating on the 2800 class train I came up with, The first 4 trains leaving Dublin will be InterCity then 2 commuter services followed by the last Intercity service. I thought it might be wise to have Rosslare, Wexford, Rosslare, Wexford, Gorey, Gorey, Rosslare keep it in a pattern. Its something that might give IRISH RAIL the right direction ->

07.10-Rosslare
10.30-Wexford
13.10-Rosslare
15.30-Wexford
17.00-Gorey
18.00-Gorey
19.10-Rosslare- For the last service might change to 19.30- 1hr30mins after the 18.00 Gorey service give the two services some space time wise..

I think IE are gonna have to use less padding and reduce journey times. The only reason I can see that IE use so much padding is because all commuter trains will arrive in the city center no later than 15mins of the published time

I personally think IE have to impress the Rosslare line customers with a better service this coming May

Here's to IE making an impression on Rosslare/Calafort Ros Lair.
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote