Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Sligo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 14-09-2010, 12:30   #1
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

Default [13/09/2010] Door Problems on 0545 Sligo - Dublin

We had a 10-15 minute delay on the 0545 this morning due to a door problem, but I was wondering if anybody else had noticed an issue with doors on 22k trains recently.

When I was getting on the train this morning, the door closed in front of me but the driver hadn't hit the button as it was the only door that did it. I didn't notice the warning beep but I couldn't swear that it didn't go off.

The same thing happened to me about three weeks ago and again I didn't actually hear the beep. That time I got caught in the door but it gave up trying to close after a couple of seconds. I just put it down to the passenger ahead of me hitting the button with her bag. I wasn't terribly aware on either occasion but not to the extent that wisdom would have kept me off Morning Ireland.
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14-09-2010, 14:50   #2
ColmmacO
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Howard View Post
We had a 10-15 minute delay on the 0545 this morning due to a door problem, but I was wondering if anybody else had noticed an issue with doors on 22k trains recently.

When I was getting on the train this morning, the door closed in front of me but the driver hadn't hit the button as it was the only door that did it. I didn't notice the warning beep but I couldn't swear that it didn't go off.

The same thing happened to me about three weeks ago and again I didn't actually hear the beep. That time I got caught in the door but it gave up trying to close after a couple of seconds. I just put it down to the passenger ahead of me hitting the button with her bag. I wasn't terribly aware on either occasion but not to the extent that wisdom would have kept me off Morning Ireland.

I have noticed the same thing on a 22k. The 9.05 clonsilla to connolly (god rest its soul) was 22k operated tues - fri. On more than one occasion the door at drivers end carriage would close suddenly without warning sounds.
Happened whilst disemmbarking at connolly. Door closes on person. Door opens off person, door closes on next person, door opens off next person etc etc..
ColmmacO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14-09-2010, 15:30   #3
neoncircles

Has happened me on 3 car 22000 in Killarney, front most left door, closed on top of me
neoncircles is offline   Reply With Quote