Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 24-01-2017, 10:14   #561
Dublin13
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm Moore View Post
Much of the problem is poor data, e.g. new stations not added or drivers logging into the system with the wrong train ID.
May well be related to that, but the system used must play a part as well, 95% of the time the system on the 8100 trains works when in my experience on the 86xx it's about 25% of the time.
Dublin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24-01-2017, 19:39   #562
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

The equipment is just fine, as with everything with Irish Rail its a lack of attention to detail

1. Not setup correctly by driver
2. Failure to load the current timetable
3. Failure to maintain, test and repair, its not safety requirement so is last on the list

Much has people like the Siemens PIS system, one of the systems on the LHB sets was on V36 of the software before approval, its a simple end to end all stations route. The PIS on the third batch of Tokyu car units is solid as well.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24-01-2017, 20:48   #563
ACustomer
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Failure to load the current timetable
There is also the failure to delete references to changing for a ferry at Dun Laoghaire. Total joke performance from Irish Rail.
ACustomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25-01-2017, 00:13   #564
comcor
Really Regular Poster

Location: Cork-Dublin, Cork Commuter and occasionally DART and Dublin-Wexford

Has anyone pestered them on specifics on the timetable?

I had similar with Bus Éireann, where they changed the route of their 220 bus through Carrigaline, meaning the Real Time app kept showing it arriving at my nearest stop in 8 minutes, over a period of 10 mins, before finally coming down. Once I complained, it was fixed within a week.
comcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25-01-2017, 07:21   #565
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

I reported an issue with 29Ks announcing Longford as they passed the signal coming into Edgeworthstown more than 12 years ago. I haven't been down on a 29K for a couple of years but they were still doing it two years ago.

The 22Ks seem to work pretty well on Sligo although once I saw the distance to Dromad increase all the way from Carrick to Dromad. It reset itself at Dromad.
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25-01-2017, 22:02   #566
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
I reported an issue with 29Ks announcing Longford as they passed the signal coming into Edgeworthstown more than 12 years ago. I haven't been down on a 29K for a couple of years but they were still doing it two years ago.

The 22Ks seem to work pretty well on Sligo although once I saw the distance to Dromad increase all the way from Carrick to Dromad. It reset itself at Dromad.
Drivers on the 22's appear very aware of the PA so I am guessing when an announcement is made it shows up somewhere in the cab as the few times there are issues, they are quick to act whether that's just switching it off completely, silencing it or resetting. Or it's so load they can hear it...

One time when I was traveling the pa been 15km out of sink actually resulted in Real Time Data feeding onto the app/website south of Athy. Only works on up trains otherwise.

Last edited by Jamie2k9 : 25-01-2017 at 22:04.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26-01-2017, 00:29   #567
Dublin13
Regular Poster

There are certainly some people who switch of the PA.

I used to ride up in the front carriage on a DART that had a driver change at Clontarf quite regularly and whenever there was one particular driver who got on the train, the PIS was always turned off after the change.

Could be many different units, but if that driver came on, without fail the unit would have its systems turned off. Either that or it goes off when last driver signs out and he doesnt' sign it back it.

I have seen Dublin Bus drivers do the same who do not like the stop announcements, they are not supposed to be able to do it but a few drivers know how to.
Unread 28-01-2017, 15:40   #568
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin13 View Post
I have seen Dublin Bus drivers do the same who do not like the stop announcements, they are not supposed to be able to do it but a few drivers know how to.
Do you know any more about this? It may be why buses don't show up on the RTPI signs.
Unread 01-02-2017, 10:10   #569
Dublin13
Regular Poster

All I will say is the stop announcements need to know where the bus is, like the RTPI does.
Unread 22-03-2017, 16:50   #570
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

If someone sees this happening again, the specific date and time would be very helpful as we will then know the train ID, the unit numbers and by extension the roster will know who was driving
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2017, 15:38   #571
Hafford
New to the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin13 View Post
All I will say is the stop announcements need to know where the bus is, like the RTPI does.
Right, they never seem to know.

Last edited by Hafford : 13-10-2021 at 14:18.
Hafford is offline   Reply With Quote