Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Limerick Ennis
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-07-2011, 19:46   #1
nlgbbbblth
New to the board

Default Heuston - Limerick - Ennis

Hi,

I am travelling from Heuston to Ennis and back this weekend. Ticket booked online.

Friday - I'm on the 15.25 train ex-Heuston that's scheduled to arrive in Limerick at 17.48. The connecting train to Ennis is 18.05.

Sunday - the train leaves Ennis at 9.41 and reaches Limerick at 10.23. The connecting train to Heuston is at 10.35.

If the Friday Heuston - Limerick train runs late I presume I run the risk of missing the 18.05 Limerick - Ennis leg of the journey? It hardly waits for the Dublin train to arrive, does it?

Likewise, going back on Sunday - I've only a 12 minute window to make the Limerick - Dublin part of the journey.

Have never travelled this route before so would appreciate any comment on journey times / reliability etc.
nlgbbbblth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 20:55   #2
neoncircles

They generally always wait for the Ennis train at either end in my experience. (Provided it's not hugely delayed). They usually announce the reciprocating when you're arriving in Limerick to connect.

Last edited by neoncircles : 06-07-2011 at 20:59.
neoncircles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 21:06   #3
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Unless there is a serious delay those connections are completely fine. Generally a connection will wait for about 10 minutes

Bear in mind as you have a reservation if the Ennis - Limerick train misses its connection you can travel on the next train and obtain a 100% refund for that leg.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 20:55   #4
nlgbbbblth
New to the board

Thanks all.

Went fine until a mile outside Limerick when the train stopped for 15 minutes due to a points failure in the yard. The Ennis train waited.
nlgbbbblth is offline   Reply With Quote