Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Rosslare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 22-12-2007, 02:10   #21
ThomasJ

Sorry Keith all I am saying is because the train "double-jobs" at a busy peak hour time on the maynooth both to there and back its carrying alot more passengers than if it was to run to and from connolly.

I do agree with you keith that it the evening gorey and rosslare services are busy services but is taken ie putting on 4 carriage 29000 sets to show me that when that happens it looks like a very crammed service and that they should be six-car at all times.
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-12-2007, 02:11   #22
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Shields View Post
Would you like them to extend the tracks up your front garden to save you the walk from the station?
As one service is emptying as the other is filling up. I haven't experience of this, but I would expect that most passengers from the Maynooth leg will have alighted by Pearse, so even if you don't get a seat at Connolly, if you stand somewhere sensible you should be seated by Pearse..
That would'nt work ....Believe me I'm far from lazy.
One service emptys while the other service fills with passengers fair enough but as you've said you dont have experenice of this. Its easy writing stand somewhere sensible by Pearse etc, But its a completely different situation when you see your train approaching the platform.........
I think people are starting to go to Connolly in order to try there best to get a seat rather than Pearse not so much Tara St.
All I'm saying is it was easier when the Rosslare train was standing at the platform in good time of its departure............
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-12-2007, 02:19   #23
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithStephen View Post
That would'nt work ....Believe me I'm far from lazy.
One service emptys while the other service fills with passengers fair enough but as you've said you dont have experenice of this. Its easy writing stand somewhere sensible by Pearse etc, But its a completely different situation when you see your train approaching the platform.........
I think people are starting to go to Connolly in order to try there best to get a seat rather than Pearse not so much Tara St.
All I'm saying is it was easier when the Rosslare train was standing at the platform in good time of its departure............
But keith having your train sitting at platform 5 for 10-20 minutes and as a result restricting the dart platforms of connolly to 2 is not a great resolution as the 6:00-7:00 is busy for all services. more than twenty services run though just those three platforms between 6 and 7 so restricting them to 2 is bound to cause disruption
Unread 22-12-2007, 02:19   #24
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
Sorry Keith all I am saying is because the train "double-jobs" at a busy peak hour time on the maynooth both to there and back its carrying alot more passengers than if it was to run to and from connolly
I know ThomasJ but Aaahhhh - Only another year until this will be addressed for Rosslare passengers. I think knowing to the fact that IE are short of Commuter Railcars and are using Rosslare services to Maynooth to also cover the Rosslare line but the sooner the new 22000 trains come on the better for all........
Unread 22-12-2007, 02:23   #25
ThomasJ

Quote:
I know ThomasJ but Aaahhhh - Only another year until this will be addressed for Rosslare passengers. I think knowing to the fact that IE are short of Commuter Railcars and are using Rosslare services to Maynooth to also cover the Rosslare line but the sooner the new 22000 trains come on the better for all........
But keith Rosslare trains opeated on the Maynooth as mk2s before the 29ks even arrived. The Rosslare train has benefitted both dundalk and maynooth passengers for over 5 years.
Unread 22-12-2007, 02:27   #26
ThomasJ

Although the 2700s the 2800s and the 29ks should have never gone on the Rosslare line, I believed that since they first put the 2700s on the Rosslare train. But I still do believe that if you can stretch your limited reources a bit do so, and the 06.00 rosslare to sligo proves that?
Unread 22-12-2007, 02:28   #27
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Im from New York but I know its been over 5yrs since the introduction of the 2700 trains. I moved to Wexford-Gorey 8yrs ago, I can remember when the 2700's were introduced back in April of 2004 But I'm interested in this line I dont know why I think it needs help regarding the above conversations. Anyway I'm going to look into that.
Thanks for replys

Off Topic but is there anyway I could get a timetable for Rosslare to Dublin from 2005,2004 and backwards

Last edited by KSW : 04-01-2008 at 00:16.
Unread 22-12-2007, 02:53   #28
sean

Quote:
I can't for the love of God either, It makes no sense.
Connolly has and hopefully will always be the terminating station for Rosslare Services.

Anyone else even considered why IE are stopping all Rosslare services at Tara, Pearse & Dun Laoghaire maybe they are planning this in advance.....
Maybe because Pearse is a major City Centre station that interests a lot of Rosslare passengers (and will be an Interconector interchange) and Tara St. is the closest station to O'Connell Bridge?

Jeepers, I'd LOVE if the Sligo and Longford trains stopped at those stations.
sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-12-2007, 10:26   #29
James Shields

My point was that there are a limited number of slots over the loop bridge, so running Maynooth to Roslare (for example) makes more efficient use of those slots (and for that matter, makes better use of trains since they aren't hanging around for 20 mins). If they were to stop doing it, they would have to run less trains. Having said that, the loop line is not being used to its full potential. I also think it would be better if the service was a new Intercity DMU running Longford to Roslare.

I got the impression you were getting on at Connolly, but it sounds like you're joining it at Pearse. I'm not surprised most of the seats are taken by Pearse, but the fact there are still Maynooth passengers getting off at that point means that you stand a chance of getting a seat. I'd guess there are probably a few Maynooth to Dun Laoghaire passengers, again giving you a chance of nabbing a seat mid way through the journey.

I agree there are probably a lot of passengers who would get on at Pearse but go over to Connolly to get a seat. I know there are a lot of people doing the reverse for the Maynooth and Drogheda trains too. The new footbridge makes this a lot easier on foot, but I'm sure there are also people who arrive early and take a DART over to the other station.

I wasn't saying that passengers from Maynooth significantly increase the numbers on the Roslare service. My point was that cutting out some of the stops south of Pearse would make the service less viable. I may have goofed here, thinking you were going to Roslare and looking for an almost non-stop service. I would think the majority of passengers using the service are for stops between Bray and Gorey, and the leg south of Gorey is fairly sparsely populated.
James Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-12-2007, 11:34   #30
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Shields View Post
If they were to stop doing it, they would have to run less trains. Having said that, the loop line is not being used to its full potential.

I also think it would be better if the service was a new Intercity DMU running Longford to Roslare.

I got the impression you were getting on at Connolly, but it sounds like you're joining it at Pearse.

I'd guess there are probably a few Maynooth to Dun Laoghaire passengers.

My point was that cutting out some of the stops south of Pearse would make the service less viable. thinking you were going to Roslare and looking for an almost non-stop service.
I can completely understand why the present Gorey/Enniscorthy services orignates from Maynooth. I would be 100% with IE if they considered working Sligo/Dublin/Wexford for passengers from the Sligo side to continue on to Pearse or Dun Laoghaire or even Bray. Vise a versa for Rosslare users to Maynooth/Longford/Sligo.

My argument regards the Rosslare service is Maynooth it is not a terminus station. The present Rosslare/Maynooth operated since the introduction of the 2700 class Commuter trains, I want to ask if the 071's with the Mark II coaches were not taken from the line would IE have operated Rosslare/Maynooth with these 071's I dont think so.. I know when the Rosslare train hits Bray from Rosslare it then operates as Commuter and not the InterCity side of things. When the new 22000 trains come on want will the situation be then surly they cant keep going to Maynooth?
I board either at Connolly or Pearse but mostly Connolly....
Unread 22-12-2007, 16:05   #31
CSL

What about starting the Rosslare service at Bray with a MK2 rake and using the 29ks as extra shuttles [ Dart fillers ] only Maynooth-Bray ? or even

saves a loop line path
CSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31-12-2007, 18:02   #32
ThomasJ

Quote:
The present Rosslare/Maynooth operated since the introduction of the 2700 class Commuter trains, I want to ask if the 071's with the Mark II coaches were not taken from the line would IE have operated Rosslare/Maynooth with these 071's I dont think so.. ...
http://brian-grey.fotopic.net/p14051550.html

[ps sorry i shouldn't have posted the link just pointing out this did happen]

And in fact was the normality for about 3 years I think, MarkH you might be able to help us out here but the 8.00am Connolly-Rosslare service started In Maynooth around 7.15am every morning, I took it nearly every morning and it was always MK2 operated. This ended once the rosslare service switched to 2700 railcars coupled with the opening of the railcar depot in Drogheda and the morning Rosslare service then started in Dundalk.

Last edited by ThomasJ : 31-12-2007 at 18:17.