Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-12-2009, 20:03   #1
ThomasJ

Default So customer unfriendly

I arrived late for the 16:20 clonsilla pearse on saturday.

While i was making alternative arrangements at the station i counted about thirty people that arrived at the station and left again. Including a number of women heading to the RDS. They had thought the train was running every fifteen minutes ( i wonder where they got this idea from )

also heard complaints about how customer unfriendly the timetable at the station alongwith people standing on the platform waiting on a train that runs only monday to friday.

I remember the days when the dart and commuter timetables were at the back of the independent directory and small booklets called local service guides went around the dublin 15 area showing bus and train timetables.

The fact that irish rail are heading away from the printed timetables front, they are losing touch with the public
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 20:20   #2
PLUMB LOCO
Regular Poster

Ah ThomasJ where have you been living - CIE has long, long ago lost touch with the travelling public and reality! It is a gigantic social employment scheme. I could say more but what's the point...the non-appearance of the book timetable is the final straw.
PLUMB LOCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 20:28   #3
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMB LOCO View Post
the non-appearance of the book timetable is the final straw.
and dart stations especially are getting complaints left right and centre about this. I cant believe that politicians are giving out about the dart timetable but not this !
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 21:05   #4
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
I remember the days when the dart and commuter timetables were at the back of the independent directory and small booklets called local service guides went around the dublin 15 area showing bus and train timetables.
This was and probably still is produced by Dublin Bus. It should be available from DB ticket agents in the area and DB head office in O'Connell Street.

In recent times, I think the D15 one was the only one that showed train times. I think at one stage the "West County Dublin" (Leixlip-Celbridge-Maynooth) and Swords-Malahide-Portmarknock ones did also, but not in quite a few years.