Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Events, Happenings and Media
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 07-10-2007, 19:18   #1
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Default Gorey Guardian Newspaper

Is this weeks issue of the Gorey Guardian, The article on the new trains accorrding to there facts, The 22000 carriages will have in every seat a plug to either charge your computer or the phone. Is the papers facts true. Wouldnt this be fanastic.......................................... ...................
Unread 07-10-2007, 19:20   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Only one socket for every 2 seats actually, so bring your double adaptor
Unread 26-11-2007, 13:19   #3
KSW
Really Regular Poster

In this weeks of the Gorey Guardian it says December 10th for the new timetable. There will be a new 05:35 from Rosslare-Dundalk operating from that Monday10th. Thats literally around the corner. I think the paper may have its facts wrong. January is the timetable?
Unread 26-11-2007, 13:26   #4
ThomasJ

December 10th is the effective date for the new timetable. The timetable for Sligo/Longford/Maynooth is only effective until the 20th January 2008. A new Sligo/Longford/Maynooth comes into effect on the 21st January 2008. All other services are effective from December 2007-December 2008
Unread 26-11-2007, 15:18   #5
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
All other services are effective from December 2007-December 2008
There are some further changes, in I think May and August.
Unread 26-11-2007, 15:23   #6
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
There are some further changes, in I think May and August.
And September
Unread 26-11-2007, 18:31   #7
StephenM
Regular Poster

Are they a result of the new 22000s being rolled out elsewhere?
Unread 26-11-2007, 18:49   #8
KSW
Really Regular Poster

I'm surprised Iarnrod Eireann are rolling out the new trains because I would have thought the company would wait until all the trains have arrived then introduce them all in one go............ But thankfully they have'nt. When is the Westport line getting the new trains do you know?
Unread 26-11-2007, 19:09   #9
StephenM
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithStephen View Post
I'm surprised Iarnrod Eireann are rolling out the new trains because I would have thought the company would wait until all the trains have arrived then introduce them all in one go............ But thankfully they have'nt. When is the Westport line getting the new trains do you know?
I hope soon! Its embarassing the fact there are only 3 services a day this direction, even the 2 to Athlone will be a good help to make Dublin less than a day trip away.

A bit off topic, how often have you changed your Avatar in the last week or so? Its like a new one every day!
Unread 26-11-2007, 22:41   #10
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Well hopefully u will get more services when the 22's come stream.
(Will try and stick with this one)
Unread 26-11-2007, 23:34   #11
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
And September
on the pdfs for all services its showing an expiry date of 13th december 2008. surely that shouldn't be appearing unless the changes being made are on the printed timetable with a note on the date it will begin
Unread 26-11-2007, 23:50   #12
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

There is a change in September on the Nenagh timetable

It really is a total mess, you wonder why they simply just didn't extend the Connolly side timetable till Jan 20 and start the new one there, now we have three timetables effectively within 6 weeks
Unread 30-11-2007, 16:31   #13
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithStephen View Post
While in some industries, e.g. banking, a 'big bang' approach is desireable, with the trains you are gradually training drivers and sorting out the glitches. Trying to do it all in one go risks a huge failure system wide.
Unread 06-02-2008, 22:00   #14
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Default Byrne slams Railcar delay

"Gorey town councillor Malcolm Byrne has criticised Iarnrod Eireannfor futher delaying the introduction of the new Intercity Railcars on the Rosslare to Dublin route. The new carriages for trains servicing counties Wexford and Wicklow were due to be introduced by the end of 2007 and then again in early 2008 but in the latest letter that Cllr.Malcolm Byrne received from Iarnrod Eireann Chief Executive, Richard Fearn, He has been informed that these Railcars will only be introduced during the second half pf 2008. Malcolm said that while he appreciated the improvements that Irish Rail have been making, Continually delaying commencement of the newer more comfortable carriages causes those using the rail services to lose faith. We are waiting over a year since they were first promised he said. The Gorey councillor said he has also been continually putting pressure on the rail company to deliver on the long awaited car park, An application for planning has not yet been submitted. Cllr Malcolm Byrne said Richard Fearn has apologised for the delays and has requested the project be given greater priority in the current year. The land at Gorey rail station has been designated as car park for over six years but Iarnrod Eireann have failed to move on commitments to transform this area siad the councillor. Cllr Malcom Byrne also said that the Chief has also confirmed that a new evening commuter service to Gorey will commence Tuesday,May 6th. The service will Connolly at 16:40 and arrive in Gorey at 18:33. It will call at Tara Street,Pearse and on to Bray. It is hoped that this service will relieve overcrowding on the 17:25 evening service. This will bring 6 the number of weekday trains from the capital to Gorey"

Its obvious that none of the councillors use this site from Gorey or they would have known about the late introduction of the Railcars sometime ago.
Unread 11-09-2008, 18:25   #15
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Default Rail Plan Laid out

"GOREY Town Councilor Malcolm Byrne has said significant time savings may soon be made on railways journeys between Wexford and Dublin. I've been in communication with Iarnrod Eireann again and they have informed me that they are looking at ways of prioritizing Wexford trains on the line from Greystones into Connolly. Their logistics people are hoping that when revised timetables are published at the end of the year significant time savings can be made"

Unread 11-09-2008, 22:10   #16
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSW View Post
They are looking at ways of prioritizing Wexford trains on the line from Greystones into Connolly.
No commitment there, classic IE make you feel like you get something but leads to nothing. Well you can just shift the trains outside the evening rush hour. Further curtailing the DART service is not the way forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSW View Post
Their logistics people are hoping that when revised timetables are published at the end of the year significant time savings can be made
Thats no problem south of Greystones
Closed Thread