Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-01-2007, 11:12   #15
Thomas the Tank
New to the board

Hi there,

Sorry for the really really dumb question but would someone mind explaining what timetable padding means? Is it that IE puts a departure time on their timetables but leave before that to get to their destination earlier, thereby making them look great??

Also just a ramble on the 8:16 Maynooth-Bray train. I've been travelling on that train for six months now and I would say 99.99% of the time there is a long stop between Drumcondra and Connolly stations. I believe the train is supposed to get into Connolly at 08:41 - this morning it was 8:47. Apart from the usual stop between Drumcondra and Connolly the doors did not open upon arrival at Connolly for at least 1 minute.
With regards to lack of information - only ONCE in that six months was an announcement ever made as to why we were not moving despite having only just pulled out of Drumcondra. On that one occasion the driver came on over the PA system, apologised profusely and told us that we were waiting for a platform in Connolly to clear. While we were still waiting a few minutes later he came on and apologised again and for the first morning I didn't feel p*ssed off about it! At least for once it showed that somebody in that bl*ody company was concerned (however slightly) about customer service. I cannot believe that we are delayed every morning on a roasting hot, crowded train by between 3-5mins and we're just supposed to accept it as one of them IE traditions!!

Last edited by Thomas the Tank : 04-01-2007 at 11:19.
Thomas the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote