Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Events, Happenings and Media
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 20-11-2006, 17:38   #30
Gobdaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas J Stamp View Post
Regarding the height of the M50 embankment, it is a fair height. But, it is a very long way away from Ballymun and indeed the DC from Santry Cross to the M50 intersection is a quite easy gradient, albeit a long one. Should the Metro simply go up the median it will be at the height of the overbridges when it gets to the M50.
Would you like to give a flyer at the enbankment height? What do you mean by DC? I'm not familar with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas J Stamp View Post
You then have to consider if you are going to copy the LUAS red cow idea or have it hoofed over the intersection itself?

You have another, slightly easier idea as well. You coulfd go back into the ground at Santry Cross. Plenty of time to clear under the M50 and hear towards the airport and have your stop as well.
I prefer the last suggestion to having a second Mad Cow !

I still cann't see the advantage in breaking the continuety of tunnelling for Ballymun Centre, with all the costs in relocating the TBM such a short distance