Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Cork
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 15-04-2008, 14:20   #1
seamus kilcock
Regular Poster

Default kildare to cork

As it is no longer possible to get from Kildare to Cork and return without changing trains it gave me the possibility, indeed pleasure, of travelling using the 22000's to Thurles and the Mark IV from Thurles to Cork. We arrived 12 minutes early in Cork!
I must say the quality of the ride on both trains was good to very good. I was very surprised to find the ride quality on the mark IV as good and possibly better than the mark 3.
The 22000 ride was very good and an excellent job has been made insulating the engine noise from the travelling PAX. Unless one was a bit of a train 'buff' I very much doubt if anyone would realise there is an engine under each passenger compartment.
As a train user for over 55 years - my late Dad was a Station Master - I am very pleased to see the travelling PAX is at last getting a quality ride since the introduction of the 22000 and Mark IV trains.
Unread 08-05-2008, 22:21   #2
MrX
Really Regular Poster

Talking

Good to hear that they're running smoothly, but could you pardon my ignorance and explain what a PAX is
I'm a bit baffled
Unread 09-05-2008, 04:16   #3
ccos

PAX is short for Passenger/s
Closed Thread