Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Up To Date Travel Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 24-04-2014, 14:09   #1
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Default May Bank Holiday Weekend 2014

http://www.irishrail.ie/news/bustransfer

Quote:
Upcoming Service Alterations to Waterford Services: Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th May

24 April 2014

Due to engineering works between Kildare and Athy, the following service alterations to Waterford services will take place on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th May

Due to engineering works between Kildare and Athy, the following service alterations to Waterford services will take place on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th of May.

Saturday 3rd May
•All Heuston to Waterford services will operate as bus transfers from Heuston to Athy and as train from Athy onwards to Waterford.
•All Waterford to Heuston services will operate as train to Athy only and bus transfer from Athy to Heuston.
•Please note: 06.05 Waterford to Heuston service is cancelled.

Sunday 4th May
•All Heuston to Waterford services will operate as bus transfers from Heuston to Athy and as train from Athy onwards to Waterford.
•All Waterford to Heuston services will operate as train to Athy only and bus transfer from Athy to Heuston.

Please note that a 25/35 minutes delay may occur.

Full service and timetable details are available to view through our journey planner

Iarnród Éireann apologises for any inconvenience caused.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25-04-2014, 23:31   #2
Jamie2k9

http://www.irishrail.ie/news/bustransfer
Quote:
Upcoming Service Alterations to Waterford, Cork, Limerick and Kerry services - May Bank Holiday Weekend

24 April 2014

Due to engineering works between Kildare and Athy and Portlaoise and Thurles the following service alterations are in place for Waterford services on Sat 3rd and Sun 4th May and for Cork, Limerick and Kerry services on Saturday 3rd May.

Due to engineering works between Kildare and Athy on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th of May and Portlaoise and Thurles on Saturday 3rd,the following services alterations are in place for Waterford services, Cork, Limerick and Kerry services:

Waterford Services: Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th May.

Due to engineering works between Kildare and Athy, the following service alterations to Waterford services will take place on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th of May.

Saturday 3rd May
Please note: 06.05 Waterford to Heuston service is cancelled.

Sunday 4th May

Cork, Limerick and Kerry services : Saturday 3rd May

Due to engineering works between Portlaoise and Thurles on Saturday 3rd May, bookings are currently unavailable for Dublin to Cork, Limerick and Kerry services operating on this date.

Please note: A May Bank holiday timetable will operate Saturday 3rd to Monday 5th May. Customers are advised to check times before travelling.

Iarnród Éireann apologises for any inconvenience caused.
May Weekend Timetable:
http://www.irishrail.ie/media/may_bh....pdf?v=ga3drco

Further information on above works on Cork route:

Quote:
Due to Engineering Works between Ballybrophy and Thurles, Heuston to Cork, Limerick and Tralee services will operate to Portlaoise only.
Bus transfers will operate between Portlaoise and Thurles. A second train will operate from Thurles onwards.

Cork, Tralee and Limerick services to Heuston will operate to Thurles only. Bus transfers will operate between Thurles and Portlaoise. A
second train will operate from Portlaoise to Heuston. A 35/45 minutes delay may occur.

Last edited by Jamie2k9 : 25-04-2014 at 23:33.
Unread 26-04-2014, 12:15   #3
haddockman
Regular Poster

How does this affect me getting the 0845 ex Ballybrophy next Saturday?

I assume my reserved seat will be refunded?
haddockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26-04-2014, 12:32   #4
Kilocharlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddockman View Post
How does this affect me getting the 0845 ex Ballybrophy next Saturday?

Journey planner has an 8:54 to Portlaoise and a 2nd train from Portlaoise. Arrives 10:16 rather than 9:55.
Kilocharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26-04-2014, 13:01   #5
Jamie2k9

Quote:
Would expect online reservations will reopen once they get capacity either side of the works confirmed.
Unread 26-04-2014, 13:12   #6
Kilocharlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilocharlie View Post
Journey planner has an 8:54 to Portlaoise and a 2nd train from Portlaoise. Arrives 10:16 rather than 9:55.
PDF weekend timetable as a bus transfer at 08:45!
Kilocharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26-04-2014, 15:40   #7
haddockman
Regular Poster

I shall be over there at 0845 and see what turns up. Unless the branch train is going to continue to Portlaoise?
haddockman is offline   Reply With Quote