Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > General Irish Rail Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 22-08-2009, 00:19   #1
weehamster

Angry Sorry Barry, But Its time to get real answer from real IÉ decisions makers

Look, lets be honest with each other here, Barry Kenny, who is a all right bloke and is a not bad Public Rep. In fact I would recommended him to any company to represent them. However it should be clearly noted that Barry, no matter what he says, who has no say in any way, shape or form, has any say with the running of any rail service, at all.

It is about time the real COWARDS who actually make decisions on the running of our so called rail services, which have constitutionally be hiding behind Mr Kenny for the past several years now stand up and account themselves for their consistent poor decisions, year in, year out for the past several years, for a diabolical rail service which is always light years behind the rest of the E.U.
Unread 22-08-2009, 00:25   #2
Mark Hennessy
Membership Officer

Good post, i've often wondered why the folks responsible for the poor decisions within IE hide behind a PR man.

I guess they would all plead the Nuremberg defense if push came to shove so much easier for Barry to spin it i'd say.

After all, who in IE, wants to criticise the political masters for any decisions made?
Mark Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-08-2009, 00:46   #3
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Just think of Barry as Comical Ali, everything is always great, its never IE's fault and even if it is its not really a bad thing, after all the investment program needs a plug.

Several RUI members where in IE HQ for a meeting last month and we are going back this month, we are getting things fixed and being actively requested to provide the problems. If you can find a ticket which won't work the new barriers, details and it will be fixed. We have 31 issues with the TVM's on file currently. We also get to destructively test new stuff saving the public from pain.

I'd love to see the three senior managers out getting grilled, they wouldn't stand a chance. They lost the only manager who actually had an ability to listen and fix things and deal with the angry crowd situation.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-08-2009, 09:14   #4
bm68
New to the board

Mark Who do you mean when you say that IR have lost a senior manager.I do not know about you guys but in the States you could always meet the front lady or gent here I can never get a face or name do they know who is running the show.

I use Donabate on the North and we really had a great guy who was very PR could really know how to deal with customers and really when things got rough he could do the work, jesus you would have wanted to be there last night.
bm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-08-2009, 14:39   #5
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Steve Murphy was General Manager Southern and Western until he got called back to London. Great guy always listened and was honest about the problems.

For the record the big hitters are here http://www.railusers.ie/passenger_info/whoswho.php

The CEO went out to see the bridge himself at Lunchtime
Unread 23-08-2009, 10:28   #6
weehamster

Quote:
The CEO went out to see the bridge himself at Lunchtime
ooooh.... and was his royal highness chauffeur driven to the site in a expensive luxury car, all paid for of course by the rail users.
Unread 23-08-2009, 10:37   #7
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

His own car with two other senior staff and he paid for a parking ticket, unlike many others. Refused to be interviewed though by RTE, Barry appeared about an hour later to do the interview