Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 22-02-2007, 10:28   #1
Thomas the Tank
New to the board

Default [22-2-2007] Delays on Maynooth line this morning

8.16 train from Maynooth/Longford (sorry never know where that comes from) did not arrive until 8.40. No explanation that I heard while on the platform. No room on platform come 8.40, needless to say the train itself was a nightmare, no air conditioning and windows locked on the carriage that I was on. No explanation for the delay on the train and as for getting an apology!

Is there is a legal obligation for the company to provide properly ventilated facilities on all services? It struck me this morning while a lot of people were turning a whiter shade of pale, that if you were opening a pub, nightclub etc where there was the potetial for hundreds of people to be jammed into an area that you would not get a license on health and safety grounds if your premises were not properly ventilated. Having oxygen available to your paying customers is a pretty basic requirement I'd imagine! There's nothing that can be done about the huge numbers of people that are getting these trains in the morning and the crushes that result, but surely IE should have some obligation to make our journeys a little bit more bearable by ensuring that we can all breathe freely at least
Thomas the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-02-2007, 10:44   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Was an IE employee pointing a gun at you telling you to get on?

Thats the get out of jail clause both IE and the RSC use

Over the last few weeks we have complied a list of minor safety issues nothing shocking but its quickly building to reveal that IE don't give a damn and the key trigger event is lack of communication

The windows can be unlocked quite easily a Yale type key will normally fit in the slot and release the catch

Last edited by Mark Gleeson : 22-02-2007 at 10:48.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-02-2007, 10:46   #3
hhf8
Regular Poster

the last few morning journeys i've taken,the heating has been on full blast on all packed trains,mroe ppl seem to be gettin off at connolly due to this
Unread 22-02-2007, 11:24   #4
Thomas the Tank
New to the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
Was an IE employee pointing a gun at you telling you to get on?

Thats the get out of jail clause both IE and the RSC use

Over the last few weeks we have complied a list of minor safety issues nothing shocking but its quickly building to reveal that IE don't give a damn and the key trigger event is lack of communication

The windows can be unlocked quite easily a Yale type key will normally fit in the slot and release the catch
Nope, no gun pointed at my head, but was already late for work and was lucky enough to be by a door when the train stopped and thought feck it I'll give it a go

So anyone can open a window with a yale key then? Must remember that for next time.
Thomas the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-02-2007, 11:29   #5
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Yale key should fit in, I've resorted to it on the DART once or twice and I don't care about the fact I shouldn't

There is a shop in London that sells the proper key, its the rail equivalent of army surplus
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-02-2007, 22:03   #6
Derek Wheeler

Various reports have been going around this week about very hot trains. As usual IE have two heat settings....steaming hot summer and stone cold winter. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that temperatures rose this week to 13 degrees centigrade. Train heating should be ajusted accordingly as the weather changes. But then this is IE, a company thats still trying to learn how to run a 20th century railway, while it builds a 21st century version.
Derek Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote