View Single Post
Unread 24-02-2010, 13:10   #41
ColmmacO
Regular Poster

I am usually very sceptical about local residents groups who commission consultants. Usually the consultant will be given a brief to find an alternate site and then come up with reasons why the alternate site is better than the proposed site, rather than taking the logical approach and investigating whether the proposed site is suitable. So usually from the outset their report will be biased in favour of the residents group. I have also never come accross a consultants report commissioned by such a group that hasnt found in favour of the residents.

My opinion would be that if Irish Rail have actually consulted properly with the locals, and have given assurances to perform all reasonable distruption and noise abatment procedures,and have adhered to all european and national environmental directives then they should be cleared to go ahead with the plan.
This project will make a huge difference to hundreds of thousands of people all over dublin, and should not be held up unduely by a small minority.
I would also hope the residents of the estate appreciate the irony of objecting to a rail infrastructure development given the name of the estate they live in.
ColmmacO is offline   Reply With Quote