View Single Post
Unread 12-06-2009, 01:07   #104
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

I was there the other day, mid-morning and it seemed to be running fairly smoothly. Sure they had to let all the season ticket holders through a held open gate, but everyone seemed to have a ticket and anyone who had problems at first, was able to work it the second time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iridium View Post
Has something changed with the software? Up to yesterday my monthly ticket was working fine, but today the gates didn't want to know - going in or out of Heuston. Ticket does not have City Centre option on it.
Did you use it in a bus?

Quote:
Instead of letting me through, the machine took in the ticket and then proceeded to spit it back out and take it back in rapidly again several times in succession. Sort of like it was blowing a raspberry really.
Is the ticket bent or otherwise damaged?

Quote:
Seriously, it's time to just deactivate the gates and leave them open until they actually work. How many thousands of euro have IE blown on this farce of a system?!
Once most tickets move over to smart cards, most of the problems should disappear. The first time failure rate with Dublin Bus smart cards is about 1% and I've not seen many second time fails at all.