View Single Post
Unread 27-05-2013, 16:32   #5
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
1. - This often happens, I have mentioned this before. Whilst I have been told that it is down to the fact that your train may have been a 3-car and there are only usually 6-cars hanging about this is patently untrue as many 3-cars do hang about near the rotem facility and thereabouts.
It was a 6 car set and even if it was a 3 car set there should be at least 30 minutes for turnarounds, I know the 13.05 from Waterford that arrives at 15.15 and forms the 15.30 to Portlaoise and when I was last on it people were getting off when they started boarding for the Portlaoise.

Quote:
2. - Given that the ticket checker was told of this it certainly should have been logged. Maybe it was caused by the shutdown in Heuston, of which see 4.
Was no shutdown in Heuston.

Quote:
The fact that there were stickers/notes suggests that at least soemone in Limerick recognised that this train wasnt on the ball and that meant it shoud have been taken out altogether.
The stickers seem only to be done by Waterford staff so I do wonder if the ticket checker put them out. Can't see staff in Limerick doing it.

Quote:
3. - I have noticed shaking on some 22k carraiges as well.
I expect a lot of this isn't down to the trains but the tracks and bends. Track alignment problems don't do them any favours as they leave them a long time before they are fixed.

Quote:
4. - What seems to happen in my experiance this year - certainly not before anyway - is that passengers are bing allowed onto the train at Heuston early enough. I think the only way to clear the system from the Limerick - Heuston departures to Hueston to Waterford one is to literally turn the entire train off. This cannot be normal operating proceedure and there must be a software glitch going on. In fact I have been on trains in Heuston where they have had to turn the train off and on again several times before the software copped itself on, loaded where it was going to, what train it was and all of the reservations.
I going to say that the reservations can be cleared and the train does not need to be shut down. Reason I believe this is because I have being on a number of trains that have short turnarounds and have not being shut down and the correct reservations were on. The 13.30 from Galway forms the 16.40 to Waterford on Fridays and its never shut down when it arrives as its always 20-30 minutes late and once passengers are off the 16.40 boards. Reservations are up no problems. Even if they had to shut down and restart it would only take a minute to do it. Clearly it could be required in some cases but it wouldn't be the norm if you ask me.

Quote:
This is clearly unacceptable, and it was one of the reasons why IE justified the replacment of the old loco hauled stock with the 22k fleet. The fact that they are being worked to the bone cant be helping either.

There are other issues with the 22k of which we know of, we have been told that there is a team of lads from Korea in long term residence and will be for another couple of years. Maybe this is one of the things they will be looking at.
Once IE are not paying for this team to live here...

Are the other problems software related or more operational elements.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote