Thread: Sail & Rail
View Single Post
Unread 18-07-2014, 16:14   #207
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

My point is that as a first time customer, the process is overly complicated. I want to make a booking and not have to mess about. It is massively simpler to book a flight.

I do travel by ferry with the car relatively frequently but haven't used Irish Ferries for years so I don't know if the Club class gets booked out. Stena Plus can get very busy on the peak services. The last time I came through Rosslare it was actually booked out.

I don't think very many people will choose SailRail now for price so it is particularly odd that there is no way of choosing a First Class product when booking at all. You can't book First Class train tickets at all and apparently you can't even upgrade on the train but I would think that they might quite quite a bit of interest in a more premium product.

Mind you, looking at the price of First Class ticket in the UK perhaps not. Does anybody buy these tickets with their own money? I had a look at a random train on a Saturday in September and the cheapest 1st ticket is 6 times the price of the cheapest standard.
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote